SAU Community

R33 Roof Damage

Heh, funniest part about this to me is the fact that I've been meaning to sell it for a couple of months now.

I can only really take this as a really obvious sign to follow through with that plan... Whether it be get it repaired and sell it off that way, or sell to a wreckers.

And you're definitely right - It's just money. The poor car was getting wasted sitting at home, it would only get driven occassionally on weekends, so it wasn't really worth keeping it around - better to give it a better home.

Shame about that now :stupid:

And yeah, I'm a strong believer in karma as well, so I feel no real need to get back at the guy - Only to get money out of him and leave the rest alone if that's even possible.

Appreciate everything you've said, mate.

It really helps. More than you might think :)

You got a strong character mate... you'll be right... come back to me if you ever lose an arm or a leg... otherwise... it ain't no thang... right? hi hi hi hih i.... take it easy bro... worry about it, but don't let it get to you... did you know that 10 people have died on the roads since last Thursday..? So person was eating, breathing and living this time last week, now they're 6 feet underground... that's life for you... it's only money... remember that... chin up bro!

Go to the General discussions thread... you'll find out that I too have not been too lucky!

Regards,

Kevin

Yo I had recently had my car stolen on Chistmas nite after owning it for two weeks damn .three days later the car was found by the cops and it had major roof damge just like yours the car was a mess with parts missing and wiers all choped up I only had third party insurance so i only got $5ooo back.

My old man is an ex pannel beater and he said to me to take out the inside interior and then kick the roof back out with your foot and see if you can poop the roof back out so i did . It wasnt perfact but It looked much better as it took shape again then I glued the inner roof supports with a special kind of bond and held it up with cut down broom sticks.The result was suprisingly good and all it needed now was a simple bog up job that any pannel beater can do . So if your happy to try that you have nothing to loses as the roof is already wreaked and you might get lucky like me and save over $5000 in repairs.

Hey guys,

Got home this morning after a night out and noticed some bastards from a party across the road decided to use my R33 as a trampoline... Not happy!

roofdamage.jpg

Now, as far as I can tell, the rest of the bodywork is okay... But this roof looks like it's just been turned almost completely inside out :P

Any ideas on how much to get this fixed, or if it's repairable?

If so, any ideas on where to get it done not too expensively in the Western Sydney area, and what would be involved?

Thanks guys :(

Dude... your damage is MINIMALLLL

Don't let the posts in here scare you. Believe me, that job would be fixed with $1.5 or say $2k and I'm being generous here. I AM 100% SURE you can get that thing fixed for much cheaper if you shop around, ask some panel beaters.

Your car didn't roll over or anything, only some wankered pushed the panel/roof inside. It's nothing.. A panel beater can fixed that in only one day in a few hours.

Some of the posts in here are really exaggerated, your damage is nothing structural.. Only body damage.

Edited by Pax-Ottomanica

HOLY CRAP! ITS VEEDKA!

hey man, its Steve/KnucKLes/DJ STRYKE :)

bad frigging news about this though... hope you find those buggers :)

this lot will look after you... i even know some people that may be able to help you :)

if this happened to me, i would literally shoot someone... lets hope this never happens to me...

Yo I had recently had my car stolen on Chistmas nite after owning it for two weeks damn .three days later the car was found by the cops and it had major roof damge just like yours the car was a mess with parts missing and wiers all choped up I only had third party insurance so i only got $5ooo back.

My old man is an ex pannel beater and he said to me to take out the inside interior and then kick the roof back out with your foot and see if you can poop the roof back out so i did . It wasnt perfact but It looked much better as it took shape again then I glued the inner roof supports with a special kind of bond and held it up with cut down broom sticks.The result was suprisingly good and all it needed now was a simple bog up job that any pannel beater can do . So if your happy to try that you have nothing to loses as the roof is already wreaked and you might get lucky like me and save over $5000 in repairs.

I've really been thinking about that... I'll go get quotes for the actual repairs tomorrow, then have at it with a bit of wood and a rubber mallet, see if I can make it a bit better, then take it back for quotes :closedeyes:

Dude... your damage is MINIMALLLL

Don't let the posts in here scare you. Believe me, that job would be fixed with $1.5 or say $2k and I'm being generous here. I AM 100% SURE you can get that thing fixed for much cheaper if you shop around, ask some panel beaters.

Your car didn't roll over or anything, only some wankered pushed the panel/roof inside. It's nothing.. A panel beater can fixed that in only one day in a few hours.

Some of the posts in here are really exaggerated, your damage is nothing structural.. Only body damage.

You reckon? If I could get it fixed for that, I'd be laughing... Oh well, as above, I'll take it down to get checked out tomorrow, get it checked out by a few places, get some quotes.

I would be ecstatic if you were right :whistling: hehe.

HOLY CRAP! ITS VEEDKA!

hey man, its Steve/KnucKLes/DJ STRYKE :)

bad frigging news about this though... hope you find those buggers :ph34r:

this lot will look after you... i even know some people that may be able to help you :)

if this happened to me, i would literally shoot someone... lets hope this never happens to me...

Hey maaaate :)

Yeah, what can you do, but.

We came up with some good ideas last night :D haha.

:rant::D:thumbsup:

thats just fcukin disgraceful! Imagine if it was a convertible or something....def get the neighbours to pay for the damage. Get the most expensive quote you can get (that should teach them not to have wild homosexual parties in your street). Then sell it to the wreckers or something.

Fkin hate it when people have no respect for other peoples property. My fckin ex's friends decided to put maccas shit on my car and through my car's antenna. Ok, it was not my skyline, and it wasnt damage as such - but anyone who disrespects other peoples property really get my blood boiling. Spoke to my ex in the most calm tone - but if she wasnt going to go and talk to the fckers, i would have had a word next time i saw them. They were a bunch of drunk mofos who thought they can own everything.

:rant::angry::D

Edited by emsta2003

Fk it sickens me to see shit like that happen. its a shame ur not in brisbane mate i could have that thing fixed for under a grand piece of piss. mate rolled his corrolla caved the fkn roof in. sent him to my panel beater....he straightened the roof and put the new windscreen in for $400!! mind you he works out of home so there's no overheads and shit...but the point is just keep lookin around u will find a beater that will fix it for fark all. hell if it gets that bad bring it up to brissy lol

Edited by killswitch88

Fk it sickens me to see shit like that happen. its a shame ur not in brisbane mate i could have that thing fixed for under a grand piece of piss. mate rolled his corrolla caved the fkn roof in. sent him to my panel beater....he straightened the roof and put the new windscreen in for $400!! mind you he works out of home so there's no overheads and shit...but the point is just keep lookin around u will find a beater that will fix it for fark all. hell if it gets that bad bring it up to brissy lol

Shit, nice one!

If my quotes come up too big, I'll take holidays this week and drive up there :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, matey :D

Edited by Veeedka

Shit, nice one!

If my quotes come up too big, I'll take holidays this week and drive up there :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, matey :D

Not a problem man, see how you go and if they want too much (which they probably will) just let us know (through SAU or on 0421930151) and ill get that pic to him and see what he says....i cant see something like that being too much trouble at all...good luck mate

Hey maaaate :)

Yeah, what can you do, but.

We came up with some good ideas last night :) haha.

well i saw him to today... i still think you should give him a call... he'll help you out :stupid: