SAU Community

Need Your Advice Guys On Ecu!

Daboss

Hey Guys I have a r33 gtst series 1 current mods pod and ebc set to 10 psi it runs great service it like every 4months or so full synthetic oil redline 20w 40 I think, plan to flush radiator fluid every year and changed to the redline shockproof gear oil when I had put in my short shifter so like 4 months ago had it like this for almost a year can you believe that a year with a sweet ride like that and those simple mods mileage on the engine is about 87000 km . Everything else stock except i changed the spark plugs to iridiums gapped at .7 . Took me a while to save up and buy all these mods but im almost done, I figured might as well wait and put everthing else in one time. Took alot a patience and will power but I'm almost there. With me I have 3inch turbo back exhaust straight through system no cat will be on my car, fmic, 255lph fuel pump, 660cc injectors, high velocity plenum, aftermarket lowmount exhaust header, stage 3 clutch, q45 afm and throttle body,turbo well i dont know but got it at a nice price and was told it will fit fairly easy these are the specs

TURBINE HOUSING A/R .63, TURBINE WHEEL: Exducer : 2.48" Mayor : 2.89" COMPRESSOR WHEEL: Exducer : 2.07" Mayor : 2.36" WET FLOATING BEARINGS T3 FLANGE OIL COOLED 3" INLET 2" OUTLET AIR FLOW RATING OF 600HP CNC MACHINED FLANGES also its internally gated, split fire coil packs and thats it. I cannot find a pfc anywhere so i was lookin at gettin a motec m600but i havent the foggiest on what other ecu to get thats user friendly really wanted a pfc :yes: but thats life have to always adjust. Wanted to know if the motec was the way to go. Also i am wondering if a q45 afm will work with this ecu and if this ecu totally replaces the stock one or will i still need the stock ecu to work along with the motec ,all i was looking at was pfc but they are basically extinct, any other ecu ideas would be greatly appreciated. Finally the car feels great now but its kinda sluggish in the acceleration in third and fourth boost doesn't throw you back in the seat as i would like it wanted to know what type of figures and how the car will feel compared to how it is now with these mods. I'm sorry that I don't have any figures for you but being in the bahamas no dyno is available and tuning is a pain in the a$$ everything is on a"like how it feels then go with it basis" Gtech pro is on the way so at least I'll be able to say what amount of hp I'm doing now and when its finished being mod. Sorry its so lengthy just wanted to give you all the details so that you can give me your best advice/response. Thanks for your time.

Paragraphs dude :yes:

I take it the turbo you purchased was a ebay turbo? As it certainly wont be a 600hp turbo with a .63 rear

Just sounds like it the way its been worded, like copied from an ad, and if so... you need to be very VERY wary or it'll cost you more than its worth :P

As for ECU, chat with your tuner.

See what they feel is best, as the ECU is only ever going to be as good as the tuner. ;)

Paragraphs dude ;)

I take it the turbo you purchased was a ebay turbo? As it certainly wont be a 600hp turbo with a .63 rear

Just sounds like it the way its been worded, like copied from an ad, and if so... you need to be very VERY wary or it'll cost you more than its worth :)

See what they feel is best, as the ECU is only ever going to be as good as the tuner. ;)

LOL :P you kno your stuff :yes: I copied it straight from the page i bought it off so what do you think is a true power output of that turbo and what should I expect out of the car after mods power wise. Really dont even want 600 horses way too much for me :O was figuring getting about 450 out of it. Is that realsitic?

:yes: I've seen a few ebay ads.

I'd be more worried about the turbo failing, and then costing you a bomb to fix as you have to remove the turbo again, purchase a new one etc etc.

So it costs you more than a decent one in the first place

IMO - i would be selling it and buying a decent turbo that comes from a good background :P

:yes: I've seen a few ebay ads.

I'd be more worried about the turbo failing, and then costing you a bomb to fix as you have to remove the turbo again, purchase a new one etc etc.

So it costs you more than a decent one in the first place

IMO - i would be selling it and buying a decent turbo that comes from a good background :P

Make sense thats what ill do what do you suggest? What will it run me into?

I couldnt find PFC as well, so i tried HKS F-CON, and it was awesome, my f-con is sz, but im upgrading to v-pro now. I talked to my tuner, normally u need to retune it every 6month unless u didnt have any mod after tuned and it cost $600 a tune, but u can purchase a auto tune device, and it will keep update itself to suit the latest mod u have. Mates got 1 install brand new v-pro ecu+ tuned+auto tune device+install = $3400. But u can actually buy a 2nd v-pro and get the tuner to reset and tune, will be way cheaper. A dude on this forum is selling it for gts25t, but i had comfirm to buy from him, so please dont try.........anyway, have u plug in the q45 afm ? possible to give me a wiring diagram ?thanks

I couldnt find PFC as well, so i tried HKS F-CON, and it was awesome, my f-con is sz, but im upgrading to v-pro now. I talked to my tuner, normally u need to retune it every 6month unless u didnt have any mod after tuned and it cost $600 a tune, but u can purchase a auto tune device, and it will keep update itself to suit the latest mod u have. Mates got 1 install brand new v-pro ecu+ tuned+auto tune device+install = $3400. But u can actually buy a 2nd v-pro and get the tuner to reset and tune, will be way cheaper. A dude on this forum is selling it for gts25t, but i had comfirm to buy from him, so please dont try.........anyway, have u plug in the q45 afm ? possible to give me a wiring diagram ?thanks

Sorry havent put on any mods besides the two I listed. Just waiting to install the rest one time. Hmm so does that ecu piggy back with the stock or do u remove the stock ecu and it manages the engine by itself?

There is two or three PFC's in the for sale section for rb25's

Thanks man will check it out. Does anyone know what type of figures I should expect with these mods?

Sorry havent put on any mods besides the two I listed. Just waiting to install the rest one time. Hmm so does that ecu piggy back with the stock or do u remove the stock ecu and it manages the engine by itself?

I think it can be stand alone or piggyback

Paragraphs dude :blink:

Just sounds like it the way its been worded, like copied from an ad, and if so... you need to be very VERY wary or it'll cost you more than its worth :wave:

See what they feel is best, as the ECU is only ever going to be as good as the tuner. :(

So what type of power will that turbo produce? Really Im looking at getting maybe 450 hp out of it at the most. Probably like 300hp or so as a daily on 12 or so psi but when I up the boost close to 400 hp. If that still won't be able to produce it tell me what to look for in a turbo that will produce 400-500 hp. Also I would like to know whats the most you can get out of a stock rb25det with the mods I am about to do, without damaging the engine? Cause I wont have anymore money for a while to mod the engine internally and just want to keep it running safely until I can.