SAU Community

Power FC Chart Mapping

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gday Matt Greg again.

Have plugged in your ingnition/timing figures.

They are a lot more agressive than mine.

Would I need to match the Injection side as well?

I cant quite dial in the same figures must be different PFC versions I know yours is older. So the higher the figure the more fuel correct?

Lucky I have a dyno day at Tilbrooks tomorrow to test it. Mark or Mick might get a good laugh at my backyard tuning.

Well I grabbed Boostd data and made comparisons to mine. His had a lot more timing up to 4 deg towards the later load points. I matched his however didint touch the fuel side. I have a Z32 airflow meter which is different and good A/F ratios. Anyway drove the car and didnt feel much different. Maybe the fuel needs to be revisited along with timing ajustments. Anyway went to a dyno day and resultently made no more power however changed the power curve at peak to drop off later.

Next we dialed in and extra 3deg which can be done via a single function the HC and only lasts until the motor is turned off. I made an extra 9rwkw however with indications of detonation. So a further 2 deg could be feasable. Anyway got on the road with a mate watching the HC and tried 3deg on the road. Felt strong howerver was getting 40 knock so puched in more fuel and reduced the knock. Took heaps of boost out and tried 4 deg felt just as good and had no knock.

I wish I new all this playability a week before at the drags as potentil to put more fuel or timing accompanied with octane booster and tested my times could have been interesting.

However the fuel side is the key and needs to be done on a dyno.

• 1 year later...
Here is the Excel file I used to map my Fuel and ignition tables. I am sure some of you guys out there can get some use out of it. I recently had Mick from subzero Dyno my car. You can clearly see the fuel he took out of it at PFC load Value 15-16. The car was being retuned at 1.10bar. The Ignition points around 15-16 need to be trimmed at peak torque to reduce detenation. Did make 225kw tho. When the timing is retarded I think it will negate the extra boost and all I`ll end up with is a slight increase in mid range power only, probably actually loose some up top.

sorry for bringing up a very old thread, but the link doesn't work..

can you email it to (email removed) ???

I would love to put these setting into my powerfc

:bp: I'm working on a R32 GTR map with Datalogit at the moment ......its a lot of work but am making progress. I can post what I've done so far if you like as an excel 3d map?   :jawa:  

Mike

I am sure that the GT-R owners with PFC's would LOVE that, do it dude.

Its a world of knowledge sharing I say.

If I could give anything back ,I would be more than happy to

I have some questions for this mapping you have sent.

Why are some values in red? Are they of some importance or need to be monitored?

And if I enter the 2 top maps in, then thats exactly what you have?

Those graphs are just plotted from your maps right?

(Sorry for my ignorance, I am not very good at this sort of tuning.

Seems like you have a bit of a nack!