SAU Community

Skyline Crash on the Eastern Freeway

Daz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't another skyline crash there last year I remember reading on here?? Thing is even if you change lanes a bit fast and flick it bick a bit hard you can get a bit of a parallex skid happening.

Worst thing about skids is you don't actually know its skating until you feel it kick back, by which time it could be too late :) :)

i lost my 31 at 140kmh going over the top of a hill in taradale,would have done 12 360's,managed to keep it off the dirt walls either side,only thing that saved us was the abs i reckon,come inches away from each wall,but i corrected her nicely.last time i go silly in the wet at high speeds,low speeds well that a different story nothing like lock to lock in a liner.

ps: dont buy hankook tyres they suck all round

if you lose your car driving in a straight line in a 60km/h zone then your a shit driver.. skyline handles just as well as any other car in the wet.. its people heavy right foot thats the problem. its not that hard to keep off boost when its wet.

Originally posted by R34GTT-R

maximum braking without locking up all four,must of helped coz im still here writing this sh!t,without abs i woulda had the 4 locked up and at 140kmh i would slid till something stopped me (wall or tree)

correct me if im wrong someone(with proof), but i dont think the fact that u had abs would have made a difference if you did 12 360's. how did u know you did 12, did you count them as you went round?

Originally posted by Ender

Anyone who loses it on the freeway fullstop is a dickhead...it dosen't get much easier than driving up a five lane divided bitumen rd does it??

fullstop? so even if he was cut off and had to swerve to miss, or if someone braked heavily in front of them and swerving to miss was the only option?

are they still dickheads?

fullstop? so even if he was cut off and had to swerve to miss, or if someone braked heavily in front of them and swerving to miss was the only option?  

are they still dickheads?

Hmmm.. isn't one of hte first things they teach you when driving is to always drive to allow for others mistakes?? If you are driving too close... or sitting parallel next to another car doing exactly the same speed then well ..

Anyway, none of us were there, so of course its impossible to pass judgement on how the driver was driving, or why it did occur.

thats what i mean...but when its raining its a lot harder to keep an eye on everything that goes on...if its raining really heavy its normally dark..ie lights are needed...not everyone turns on their lights because its not night time...i guess my point is, it might not be the drivers fault that was involved in the accident

Originally posted by sniffy

correct me if im wrong someone(with proof), but i dont think the fact that u had abs would have made a difference if you did 12 360's. how did u know you did 12, did you count them as you went round?

Had a full car load so that was the overall guesstimate averaged.

point of my story is its stupid to go fanging ur car in the wet at high speeds.i was lucky unlike that other poor prick on the freeway.

yep, I believe you can fairly easily anticipate and allow for other peoples mistakes. I guess if you had a fairly catastophic blowout or mechanical failure you may be excused...so maybe not fullstop...but almost. In my job I have the opportunity of reviewing many car accidents and I would say 99.99999% of them are due to preventable driver error. Mate people mostly do a really stupid thing or aren't thinking....most accidents shouldn't be called accidents...they should be called stupids.

Point taken though...

Guest RedLineGTR

It’s not much for the aami driver course, I’ve done it before and if we are talking about the same one, it was pretty gay, mostly concerned about braking, and no wet weather scenarios.

Guest RedLineGTR

got to do the course as a free thing when i was driving under my parents name gave me cheaper insurance fee. But anyways i did expect more, but it was pretty boring and the info was not usefull.