SAU Community

Power for a lightly modded RB20det

Guest Simon-MrRx7

Guest Simon-MrRx7

Im looking at transplanting an RB20det into a different car.

What sort of power at the wheels in KW's would i be making with a 3 inch exhaust with no cat, mandrewl bent, a decent front m,ount IC and stock turbo running 1 bar boost.

ECU, injectors, etc etc will all be stock appart from the fuel pump which will be a 600 Hp item with upped fuel pressure.

I've got all of those mods.

I made 156rwkw with boost drop down to 12psi up top.

I've been told that if I slap a stronger wastegate spring in and hold 14psi all the way to the top I will make 170rwkw.

Max the timing out as I have at around 25deg which it can take a little more but to be on the safe side i havn't, will pick up around an extra 5rwkw as I found out.

Before the timing was advanced this much it made 152rwkw on approx 12psi.

Meggala... I had a run with andy's Stock R33 GTR he did a 5000rpm launch and i did a 4200rpm launch.

I seemed to launch better ?!?! only slightly as his nose was at my drivers door. I think I had 2 of those lucky fluky launches. :D

I stayed just in front all the way until half way through 4th roughly where we backed off :mad:

heheh lol Bragging rights.. I'm happy.. :)

He's getting an exhaust soon so i will not be happy then.. :D

Might have to get the HD wastegate spring.. see if that helps me sit there with his new exhaust. :) :shake:

Andy was Very surprised I must say.

Since the FMIC, I have to launch at 4000rpm otherwise it bogs down and If i don't launch it with load on the tyres and let the rev's raise with my foot down then boost kicks it wheel spins lots and causes a short shift to second then you have to play catchup.

Holy **** Joel how do you get traction with a 4200rpm launch on the street? I'm impressed, if I try to launch @ those rev's all I get right through to the end of 2nd or into 3rd is :burnout: Better quality rear rubber would help though!

I guess you are a launch, "master", considering the amount of practice you do :D :uh-huh:

It maybe because I have Std Suspension???

Even cheap tyres that have a soft sidewall?

And the tyres run lower than std pressure to get good wear otherwise it will chew out in middle.

I know that I don't use full throttle in first I basically try to get to 7000rpm with a slow throttle feed.

Its very much like launching my old cortina 4speed that didn't have lsd.

I probably get to 1/2-3/4 throttle in 1st max.

hehe It was a grippy road surface but.. :D

I'm starting to get to know the look of grippy and non grippy.