SAU Community

Apexi PowerFC ?

ok im looking at going engine management and powerfc is looking pretty good, can get it at an awesome price, is the boost controller a wrothy addition ? or is another ebc or bleed valve a better option ?

i currently have

pod

exhaust

safc (will go once i get ecu)

FMIC

can anyone recommend another ecu that could be better ? i'd prefer a full replacement rather than a piuggy back, but if a new ecu isnt worth it yet please tell me as i wanna get performance outta what im paying :)

cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can u get by with a new turbo *without* full aftermarket management?

I've always thought it was mandatory, but somebody Nath said he spoke to said you might not if you had something like the S-AFC.

I'd imagine you would have problems running an external fuel pump and things which u would need as well without a new ECU ?

Would it depend on the turbo? If u had a highflow T28 housing would u get away it ? Or is it the bigger turbo wheels and ECU boost restrictor that will get ya?

Hi predator666, speed limiter, overboost limiter and ignition timing adjustment are problems not fixed by SAFC (fuel only). If you add up all the bits you need to do the job properly, a Power FC is cheaper.

The standard ECU will run any pump, no tricks there, the ECU turns it on when you turn the key and turns it off when you turn the key. If the engine does not start or stalls the ecu turns the pump off so you don't get fuel everywhere with a leak or in an accident.

Some pumps draw a lot of current and the standard wiring is too small. So you may need to run a relay with direct power feed from the battery/alternator to give it sufficient power, nothing to do with the ECU though.

I have seen plenty of Skylines with bigger turbos running the Standard ECU and piggy backs, running OK with good max power. But they never seem to run as "nice" as ones with Power FC's, more lag, less throttle response, soft idle etc. They also tend to be a bit unreliable as they have added wiring and plugs which (depending on workmanship) sometimes fail and cause all sorts of time consuming problems.

Hope that helps

INASNT, u get from greenline by any chance ? i got quoted $1469 for the brand new powerfc (latets model) with hand controller to my door, and around $1800 if i want the boost controller in it too

is the bost controller worth it ? or are ther better/cheaper things to use with the powerfc ?

and would you guys recommend the powerfc for me, or think something like the haltech e6k or the microtech are a better choice ?

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by DJ_L3ThAL

INASNT, u get from greenline by any chance ? i got quoted $1469 for the brand new powerfc (latets model) with hand controller to my door, and around $1800 if i want the boost controller in it too

is the bost controller worth it ? or are ther better/cheaper things to use with the powerfc ?  

and would you guys recommend the powerfc for me, or think something like the haltech e6k or the microtech are a better choice ?

nope nengun! $1300

greeline is cheaper, negun said the powerfc = 2nd hadn and the controller is new where as for $1468 i get both BRAND NEW with 1 year manufacturer warranty from greenline, and if i want the boost controller its $1895

what u guys think ? pounce ?

Guest INASNT

greeline is cheaper, negun said the powerfc = 2nd hadn and the controller is new where as for $1468 i get both BRAND NEW with 1 year manufacturer warranty from greenline, and if i want the boost controller its $1895

what u guys think ? pounce ?

u can get used pfc,hc and boost controller for $1400 from nengun

Guest INASNT

hmm i'd prefer it all new, ant that mnuch more, i might consider fc + hc nerw and s/h bc... hmm

inasnt what boost controller u using ?

with ecu's second hand works fine as electronics dont have any stresses or forces applied to them so there is no wear and tear on them.

I am getting post prob a blitz dual sbc or trust profec B, not 100% sure as yet. I can get either for around $500

i do ps2 and xbox mods, EVERYTHING electrical has wear and tear man... especially something in a car...

and are the powerfc bc's the same as the profec b'as etc ? as gordo's didnt look like it had stage settings like the avcre, rpm step by step control... does the fc bc have it ?

Guest INASNT

dont know what the pfc boost controller has on it, but its controlled off the H/C and its a very basic display H/C display.

U are safer buying second hand electronics rather than mech parts. All the nengun stuff comes with a warranty so its all good, and the 1 i am getting has already got a mad tune in it! :P