SAU Community

Car Detailer

Hey guys/gals,

As the title states, im looking for recommendations for a local car detailer, prefebly in Fyshwick or the surrounding areas... sorry if this topic has been touched on before..

Now my main issue is that the 350z's are renowned for having an extremely thin layer of paint, Nissan cut corners when painting these fine pieces of machinery, so i dont want someone who is going to take of millimetres of paint to get the perfect shine. The Z has a few swirls and some scratches from my Malamute who loves his own reflection, so i need to be pedantic to ensure they dont damage the paintwork..

Suggestions and experiences would be fantastic. Cheers in advance.. Oh, and a rough estimate on $$$ would be coolies..

Cheers

Steve :)

Details Fx - (02) 6282 2425

ive heard theyre excellent, my mum got her car done there and it turned out awesome. cant remember what she paid for it...

theyre in phillip

Not sure about the paint issue though... might need to ask em...

A few people on here have had it done by Detail FX, you can find their comments in older threads about detailing

Edited by SKYLVIA

^^ i secnd them, they did my 200 after J Racing put swirls all over it and it came up mint.

they even warned me about how thing the paint was and that they wouldnt do a diamond cut on it as it was too thin so they do know their sh!t. cost me $150 for a full external paint detail. Worth every cent.

cost me $150 for a full external paint detail. Worth every cent.

that's what I need! i might go see them...

I can do the inside myself but i'd really like to get the outside done properly. I was gonna get one of those electric polisher thingys from supercheap but my dad said they're not that good and I probably wouldnt be able to hold it properly (ie they're a bit more "jarring" than they look and i have small piss weak arms lol)..

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a stupid question, but I thought detailers just gave cars a REALLY good clean and blackened black plastics and shined up parts that are meant to be shiny... From this thread, I gather some do paint work as well! I ask cos 99% of my external paintwork is perfect, but there are a few deep gashes in my bonnet and a coupla chips in each door ( :action-smiley-069: ), which I've always wanted to fix, but don't have 600 bucks for a full bonnet repaint, plus whatever they want to blend the front guards, plus the same again for each door! These are more than just superficial nicks in the paint, they are well through the 'white' undercoat or whatever it is under the silver paint, but I think the metal is still fine underneath.

I also have a few other ugly bits (on the CAR! :P), primarily on my doors (from people in car parks with no regard for others). Could Details FX fix that kind of thing up? The side of my front bar is also missing a strip of paint 0.5cm wide and about 4-5cm long (plus some much smaller scrapes), can they fix that kinda thing too? Guesstimates? I'm hoping it's a LOT cheaper than full on panel repainting...

I think a full body buff is about $200 (going by the panel beater/paint places I asked in Fyshwick), which I was told would get rid of about 3/4 of my problems. I'm hoping to fix all my little gashes and get a buff for 400-500 total. Reckon this is possible from a (DECENT) detailer? Sounds a lot better than 600 just for one panel before any blending etc.

Edited by sl33py

• 3 months later...

*blows dust off old topic*

Apart from detail FX in Philip, is there any good detailers within Tuggers? If, at all?! Just looking for convenience.

I started a new job, closer to home, in Tuggers and its been awhile since I've layed tread through this scary hood after working in the city for a few years.

Justo and Rob at Detail FX are rated by Megaires as being in their top 5 detailers in Australia, basically we are pretty lucky to have guys this good in Canberra!! The best thing is they are still willing to do normal washes and cleans still.

They do my old mans FC (25K paint job) my brothers car (35K paint job) and have people coming form all over Australia to bring their show cars to them to colour rub and paint correction, their rep amoung the show circuit speaks for itself.

Cant recommend them highly enough!!!

Edited by Fitzpatrick Speed Works

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, sounds like they're worth the extra 8min drive from tuggers. I will definitely bring it in to them.

..TOP 5? Niiice

Does anyone know a good detailer in Belco? How much do FX charge for a wash etc. I just want it all tidied up and cleaned, but not to Concours standard....

Paul

• 2 months later...