Roll Cages - Myths And Fallacies

Roy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh, worth the wait. I knew after speaking with David that he would be great for one of our meetings. Even if you werent into cages he was great to listen to , and has so many years experience in motorsport any car lover could listen to him all day.

Tonight just re-affirmed my intention to go for a 4 point cage with diagonal bar, harness bar and bolt in side instrusion for the track (lol + a CAMS compliant camera mount to catch my next crash). If people are serious about going ahead with this, he is happy to do a good job for us. Im not overly fussed about knuckling down a 'Group Buy" price as such. In my eyes, happy to pay money for a good product, as in my eyes its already great value. But that said, there is effeciencies in cutting 3-5 lengths of everyhting while all the jigs etc are all set up and it seems we could pocket a $50-100 saving just by being a little more organised.

So if you are interested, pm me your email address and we will get something sorted via an email mailing list.

On a side note, its my hope to get a similar motorsport orientated speaker every 3-4th meeting. The guy im trying to line up now will be very cool if it pans out. :dry:

He actually was classified 1st in handicap points. Fair effort that.

Anyways - I'm super keen on the half cage with removable diagonal / harness and side intrusion bars. Not sure if one size will fit all but for under $1K it sure is piece of mind and I get to keep the back seats.

Oh - and the guest speaker was tops. We want more like it at club meetings! :dry:

I second that. Much better listen that that muppet about Super white globes.....

Yeh good to see you Patrick out of workshop...now to get Troy a few hours off a week :)

...and sounds sounds Drew and co did a stella job. Good to see the ol 32 mixing it with all the pesky EVOs etc

Thanks Guys for your kind comments. The lil GTR ran well and we even took a stage win off Jim Richards in Stage 2 which is one to go to the 'pool room'. If anyone wants to know about our Tarmac experiences I am happy to help where I can as the learning curve has been pretty steep.

Cheers,

Drew

Thanks Guys for your kind comments. The lil GTR ran well and we even took a stage win off Jim Richards in Stage 2 which is one to go to the 'pool room'. If anyone wants to know about our Tarmac experiences I am happy to help where I can as the learning curve has been pretty steep.

Cheers,

Drew

I have updated our Youtube page with a stage run from last weekend. Apologies for the quality, it looks much better on the plasma at home I can assure you.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=89GTR

Nice videos... my car is actually very similar to yours Ben tells me... Except i don't have the restrictions of exhaust/wheel size like you do....

drew did i ever send you those pics from when we met at maser day winton 2005 lol

Nah, dont think so...............here are a few shots of the cage install.......a mission to say the least.

post-9086-1179315991_thumb.jpg

post-9086-1179316063_thumb.jpg

post-9086-1179316189_thumb.jpg

post-9086-1179316241_thumb.jpg

post-9086-1179316300_thumb.jpg

I thought the meeting was next week. Sad I missed it. I've been seriously tossing up a cage for a while. I really want to run on slicks and stiffen up the car plus minimise the crash factor.

Could I please have a point brief on the half cage keeping the rear seats in? Also did he give an indication on prices?

Drew could you pm me with what you have done to stop the car being taily. Your car seems to handle really well with little under or oversteer.