SAU Community

My New Stagea - Yellow S2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stasis - thanks mate, i have a few mods in mind but i just need to save for a little while before i do some more spending

Duncan - YES :P:O:( thats awesome, so many targa cars on the road, my mate said "hey check out the skylines, probably heading to the targa tas.... holy shit theres a stagea with them!!" thats the best :)

yokotas13 - yeah mate i have some great wheels ready to go on :) im just wanting to get through the slip's with the standard wheels

Wildcat - hehe thanks :) i wouldnt say that im a yellow lover but i think its really suited :)

yokotas13 - they are Australian made ROH 3 piece modena's, this is the only picture i have of them right now but ill get plenty more once they are on, weighing in at 6kg each from memory.. the only drama im having at the moment ( as Joe pointed out to me a little while ago) is that being a RS4 you are meant to have all wheels the same width, where these wheels are 18x8 and 18x9.. but on the same token i have spoken to other people who own GTR's and one stagea owner actually with a RS4 who run different widths and say that they have never had a problem.. if it dose prove to be a problem then ill get some new outer rim’s made up so they are all the same size.

picture078lo3.jpg

joe26f - haha yeah mate it has taken a while hey, pretty happy now but :closedeyes: once its rego'd next week ill have to show you :)

AlexCim - yup sure did buy it from Alex, i was very tempted to get the nismo wheels but didnt because i have had these modena's sitting in my garage for ages, so i thought i would save a few dollars and put the one's that i already have to use

Nice car, Bryce.

Those wheels will really set it off. As far as the different sized wheels goes, just make sure that the rolling diameters of the wheels on the front are the same (or as close as possible) as the back ones. The different rolling diameters is what stuffs up the ATTESA system and burns out clutches, etc.

GoldZilla - thanks mate :D all 4 are the same diameter, same make etc the only differance is the width.. so it should be right :angry:

WELL it didnt take long for things to go pear shaped :D i spent all day cleaning the car and just generally getting it ready for the slips tomorrow, all was great and i parked it in the drive way. it came time to put the bins out the front so i got in the stagea, drove it out the front ( so that i could get the bins out the front without hitting the car) as i drove it out the front i put the foot down alittle bit (as you do) the tacho reached around 3000-3500 and it started to cut the power, it almost felt like a vicious rev limiter.. i experience something similar in a falcon when i put a new engine but i cant remember how i fixed it.. any idea's? any help would be great :thumbsup:

Edited by Brycey

Did you clean the engine bay? Sounds like you might have got the coilpacks wet?

It might pay to pop the cover off and make sure you don't have any water pooled in there.

I had the same problem after dropping a new head on a falcon 6 but it turned out to be an issue with the distributor so no help there :bunny:

i hosed down the engine bay alittle bit, but i wouldn’t have thought that the coil packs would be the issue, i was more assuming vacuum lines or something box related.. but your probably right ill have to check it out in the morning, hopefully its something simple like that :bunny:

yokotas13 - they are Australian made ROH 3 piece modena's, this is the only picture i have of them right now but ill get plenty more once they are on, weighing in at 6kg each from memory.. the only drama im having at the moment ( as Joe pointed out to me a little while ago) is that being a RS4 you are meant to have all wheels the same width, where these wheels are 18x8 and 18x9.. but on the same token i have spoken to other people who own GTR's and one stagea owner actually with a RS4 who run different widths and say that they have never had a problem.. if it dose prove to be a problem then ill get some new outer rim’s made up so they are all the same size.

picture078lo3.jpg

joe26f - haha yeah mate it has taken a while hey, pretty happy now but :bunny: once its rego'd next week ill have to show you :P

AlexCim - yup sure did buy it from Alex, i was very tempted to get the nismo wheels but didnt because i have had these modena's sitting in my garage for ages, so i thought i would save a few dollars and put the one's that i already have to use

i ran 9/10s

no problem other than some rubbing ont eh rear coilover

but i also had 225/40s and 235/40s on them, so it evened out the rolling diameter.....but it didnt make a difference

Another Hunter based Stagea, good stuff, theres not many Stageas around here yet.

Looks sweet mate, we'll have to organise a meet sometime.

Yep, you ALL need to come down to the SAU-NSW Show and Shine in June...

I need some other people to help me "reprezent the Stagea Massive, y0!"

it didnt take long for things to go pear shaped : the tacho reached around 3000-3500 and it started to cut the power, .. any idea's?

Dude it sounds like you did exactly what I did on day 2 of owning my Yellow S2 - washed it. It is guaranteed that you have water in the coil pack 'valley' and also in the airbox.

Removing the silver engine cover is easy enough, but the black plastic coilpack cover is a real bugger as you will have to remove the intake pipe that runs across the engine. But if you could lift it up at one end and blow it out as best as you can it should help. Dont think you can wait for it to dry out, it can take days.

However the most likely cause of the miss fire at 3000rpm is from water in the bottom of the airbox. Because it works in a downward direction as opposed to VL Commodores, the water pools in the bottom just below the AFM intake. When you get enough suction happening (at higher revs) it will suck some of the water in.

Water per se going into the engine is not a problem, but the hot wire AFM will be upset when it makes contact with the water.

PS, the colour yellow is special, I just had to have it when I saw mine, but there are times when I wish I could turn 'the volume' down a bit, especially when I'm in the mood for a bit of spirited driving...boost surge is addictive.

3intheBack - sure enough, there was a big pool of water at the bottom of the box haha, so thats all sorted :down: yeah yellow is special but I know what you mean about the “volume” of the colour when it comes time to being inconspicuous :huh:

got the blue slip (all went great) and the green slip yesterday, i walked into the RTA and everything was still going great, she gave me some plates etc, photocopied a few trillion sheets of paper.. then at one stage there was a slight pause, and she said in a "surprised" yet sarcastic voice "it looks like your car has been selected!", my first thought was "mad, what did i win" but it turns out i won a trip to the pits for a complete number check etc to make sure nothing is rebirthing.. but thats not why im annoyed (because i know the car is legit) im annoyed because yesterday was Monday and she booked it in for Friday! i asked "can i drive it between now and then?" and she said "yes!... *5 second pause*... to the pits at Carrington." then took the plates away :D ..

so, the stagea looks very pretty in the driveway ;)

one thing i want to get sorted out this week is the different size tyres, im obviously keen to get them all to the same rolling diameter.. ill have some new pics up soon :down: cheers