SAU Community

My New Stagea - Yellow S2

beerbaron - thanks mate :whistling: the 240z project has been running for a few years now.. and has sorta taken then back seat recently because of the stagea and other commitments, which is a bit of a shame but it will be finished one day!!! haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stagia1im4.jpg

stagiadp2.jpg

well to start off here are 2 new pictures that a mate of mine snapped completely randomly, these are the only ones I have with the new wheels but I think it looks great :mellow: very happy with them (they fill out the kit better then the pictures show..)

but iv run into some problems.. ill do my best to explaining it

basically its losing a lot of power up top.. it feels and sounds like the gate is opening prematurely. its not a constant thing – sometimes it will do it, sometimes it wont.. the sound is almost like a very deep/fast flame thrower and it generally starts making this sound/losing power around 3.5-4.5k rpm. Can anyone shed any light on this because its really giving me the shits.

Also, uhh.. how do I say this.. I don’t even know if this is heard of, but, I got chopped by a Honda :worship: when this happened it was a strange chain of events, first of all the car did a very unusually slow take off the line, then accelerated fairly normally, started to hit boost with a normal feel, got around 4k and started to lose power – but didn’t make the strange sound – But then picked the power back up again.. its very very strange

Any help or recommendations would be fantastic and I cant wait to meet some of you at the show n shine in june!

Cheers :)

Edited by Brycey

Flame thrower sound could be a leak in your intake somewhere, on the pressure side (after the turbo) check all your cooler pipe joins. Are you losing boost at that point?

Mid range dip is common in the RB25DET from what I have read and experienced, will leave that for the more informed to explain or diagnose.

congrats man!! you bought a nice rig. Very mean looking little monster. Like your kit and wheels.

Now wat mods do you plan to do to the rig? You will get addicted to it like SKA always say. LOL!! But good choice man

Looks like a sweet ride mate, well done!

harts.

hey brycey, you had a water issue a while back do you think your latest probs could be associated, or maybe you,ve got a dodgey coilpack, only a stab in the dark but it would elimanate coilpacks if you could put a meter on them...... otherwise down to the workshop.....goodluck.

Im gonna start quoting more often because I just realized how easy it is to do on this forum :nyaanyaa:

Flame thrower sound could be a leak in your intake somewhere, on the pressure side (after the turbo) check all your cooler pipe joins. Are you losing boost at that point?

Mid range dip is common in the RB25DET from what I have read and experienced, will leave that for the more informed to explain or diagnose.

I had a squiz and everything looks/feels as it would have been out of the factory (with the clamps and piping).. it sounds more like a strange exhaust note rather than a intake leak etc.. when it happens its very loud and noticeable.. very deep

Looks like a sweet ride mate, well done!

harts.

cheers mate :nyaanyaa:

hey brycey, you had a water issue a while back do you think your latest probs could be associated, or maybe you,ve got a dodgey coilpack, only a stab in the dark but it would elimanate coilpacks if you could put a meter on them...... otherwise down to the workshop.....goodluck.

I was considering it might have been a spark or electrical issue but because its so inconsistent im starting to think its more of a turbo issue.. it only has 105xxx k’s so the turbo shouldn’t be throwing bits and pieces out yet, but its not sounding good.. I just wish it would be more consistent so it could be narrowed down a bit :| I might take a movie of it this weekend so I can hopefully capture some of the sound and effect..

I seen your car today, look's even better in person then in the pic's :ninja:

yeah mate just saw that in the spotted thread! I love white stagea’s yours looks fantastic

cheers mate :nyaanyaa:

where were you yesty i was scouting the tafe looking for you brycey

ahhh mate my “day off” has been moved to Thursday :nyaanyaa: ill send you a pm

a failed turbo would be a consistent issue. Coils and ignition would be an intermittent issue.

I washed my engine once and the car never ran the same until i replaced the coils.

Symptoms i had were lack of power between 4-5k rpm and occasional chuffing at 2.5-3.5krpm. It would drive okay after about 2-3 hours of driving.

Sounds like the coils are naffed to me.

You may have a cracked exhaust manifold?

Some mention was made of it here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...0&start=240

hmmm doubt its a cracked exhaust manifold, but its worth a check just to be sure, ill do a few checks this weekend

coils packs.

it is very common on these cars.

a failed turbo would be a consistent issue. Coils and ignition would be an intermittent issue.

I washed my engine once and the car never ran the same until i replaced the coils.

Symptoms i had were lack of power between 4-5k rpm and occasional chuffing at 2.5-3.5krpm. It would drive okay after about 2-3 hours of driving.

Sounds like the coils are naffed to me.

yeah? beauty, what a great excuse to get some spitfires :( haha, just have to save my pennys. i would have thought that a electrical issue would be more consistant then not :| glad to see that someone can put a finger on the problem :cool: ill still try and get a movie because its very interesting, might help other people if they have the same problem.. cheers guys

i havnt gotten around to making a movie yet, but here is a crapload of new pics that i took on the weekend ( the CRB600RR belongs to a good mate, isnt mine :huh:) enjoy!

img4031dcopymv9.jpg

img4028scopylq1.jpg

img4033scopyov2.jpg

img4035copyce2.jpg

img4038scopyhk7.jpg

img4047scopydj9.jpg

img4054scopydc9.jpg

img4029copyai7.jpg

img3971oq1.jpg

Very nice, I remember drive around in that car, was very comfy and very sexy :D

Uncomplied, Unregistered, FRESH. Just plates off another car :):P

Only thing that I would recommend, slap some 10mm spacers on the front wheels to fill the gaurds out a little better.

Very nice, I remember drive around in that car, was very comfy and very sexy ;)

Uncomplied, Unregistered, FRESH. Just plates off another car :D:P

Only thing that I would recommend, slap some 10mm spacers on the front wheels to fill the gaurds out a little better.

hahaha yeah alex told me about how he would drive it around :P either you guys have some massive balls or Melbourne has some easy laws :P either way I don’t blame you hahah

Cant get over those wheels!! they look HOT!! :pwned:

reminds me of an old saying: "the wheel maketh the chariot" - lol :D

haha cheers mate, yeah I wan to get some spacers on the front.. fill it out alittle more. The rear wheels fill it perfectly, but the front kit is just so massive. Spacers will be coming very soon

very nice brycey

thanks mate :)

Hey I saw that car at Video Ezy in Kotara last week, checked it out quickly as I was working, (Pizza Hut next door), looked really nice.

haha oh yeah? nice, should have said something to me mate! Always keen for a chat :)

Bryce, What a gorgeous looking car you have there.. It looks really awesome and I bet it looks even better when your facing it. Well done i think you have done great!

What was it like driving from Melbourne to Newcastle?

was it a dream?

Cant wait to get my stagea

shell