SAU Community

Autosports Trackday Oran Park 9th June 07

D_I_F

should i go? i have whats known as "one stop then nothing brakes" when on rd, will it be better on the track with more airflow or will i just have a crap time. need advice. stock 33 gtst brakes with compliance pads still. how much of a difference will some nice ducting make

Jeff, Bleed the brakes and change the pads!

Or just buy the stuff and I will do it for you!

Corrine,

I want to support driving events. Without us they will not happen. I have no problem with $220.00 just I do not have a CAMS license yet. I will try to do it with Ian Luff Motivations but I need a day off work which is hard at the moment. If I will not be in that will be the only reason. Thank you again for the wonderful day on skid pan. Hopefully next time I will do better....

Cheers,

EUG.

Hi Eugen,

You don't need a CAMS licence for this even thats why the cost is a little higher.

This day is also on the saturday. Let me know what you want to decide.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrine,

I want to support driving events. Without us they will not happen. I have no problem with $220.00 just I do not have a CAMS license yet. I will try to do it with Ian Luff Motivations but I need a day off work which is hard at the moment. If I will not be in that will be the only reason. Thank you again for the wonderful day on skid pan. Hopefully next time I will do better....

Cheers,

EUG.

For most track days you won't need the PC licence (which i assume you are talking about here). Best way is to get your L2S licence, which is just a case of filling out a form and sending it off with $85. But as Corinne said, you don't need either for this event.

can anyone help me source some ds2500's or similar? maybe some dba 4000 rotors too? i cant get this stuff from autopro lol. well not for a nice price anyway.

brakes are fine for street, i dont use them. but you stop a few times from what we will call high speed and they fade and squeal like a banshee, they are just a crap pad i beleive, (compliance pad?). plenty of meat on them they just don't work.

Edited by jeffworld2

Corinne,

man, sucks to be me - still waiting for suspension parts which I ordered 6 weeks ago

I really want todo it but...who knows :woot:

Hmm..

Ok give me the details I will chase them up for you!

Pm him!

can anyone help me source some ds2500's or similar? maybe some dba 4000 rotors too? i cant get this stuff from autopro lol. well not for a nice price anyway.

brakes are fine for street, i dont use them. but you stop a few times from what we will call high speed and they fade and squeal like a banshee, they are just a crap pad i beleive, (compliance pad?). plenty of meat on them they just don't work.

Don't be using dba 4000's they crack.

Why don't you talk to Brad about it?

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PADS JEFF!

No Cams licence required for this one.

DS2500 are a great road and track pad. Brake air deflectors are also a good idea.

Keep in mind it is a Saturday at a Sydney track and with pro drivers to learn from this is well worth going and not expensive. I might get the Slot Car out and out and see if Bozzo can do in it. I have been doing track days at Oran Park since 1984 and I always learn something from Bozzo.

johnmotionoran1.jpg

No Cams licence required for this one.

DS2500 are a great road and track pad. Brake air deflectors are also a good idea.

Keep in mind it is a Saturday at a Sydney track and with pro drivers to learn from this is well worth going and not expensive. I might get the Slot Car out and out and see if Bozzo can do in it. I have been doing track days at Oran Park since 1984 and I always learn something from Bozzo.

johnmotionoran1.jpg

Nice shot of the car John. :D

Hahaha you are going to let bozza drive it!

Thats the last time I let boz drive my car at the last skidpans and he broke the clutch.

Nice shot of the car John. :thumbsup:

Hahaha you are going to let bozza drive it!

Thats the last time I let boz drive my car at the last skidpans and he broke the clutch.

I could not help but comment on this one.

Of course JP would let me drive his car as I have been doing this for 24 years (racing cars) and have been a professional driver trainer with Luffy for the past 10 years. We (JP and I) have known each other for many years and he respects my profession as I do his.

Corinne, are you serious about that comment?? I certainly hope not. If you think that I 'broke' your clutch you are JOKING JOKING, JOKING!!!!

Please you are a really nice girl, but stick to things that you know about LOL

Being one of the very few test drivers for MOTOR Magazine, The Sunday Telegraph, Factory Driver for Mazda in Japan, Driving a V8 Supercar, Driving a Turbo Lotus Exige for Southern Motor Works and just having done a deal to drive a GTR SKYLINE for a team in a Championship, I think they have trust in me and I think that you should as well.

Being one of the very few test drivers for MOTOR Magazine, The Sunday Telegraph, Factory Driver for Mazda in Japan, Driving a V8 Supercar, Driving a Turbo Lotus Exige for Southern Motor Works and just having done a deal to drive a GTR SKYLINE for a team in a Championship, I think they have trust in me and I think that you should as well.

Impressive resume Boz......do you need an assistant at all?

and what GTR team?

Cheers!

Chris

Impressive resume Boz......do you need an assistant at all?

and what GTR team?

Cheers!

Chris

Hi Chris

haha Did I also forget to say that I love driving my Datsun 1600 Rally Car as well. Go the Datto!

Cannot say much about the GTR yet as it is a bit of a surprise. Should be ready in about 6 weeks though!

I could not help but comment on this one.

Of course JP would let me drive his car as I have been doing this for 24 years (racing cars) and have been a professional driver trainer with Luffy for the past 10 years. We (JP and I) have known each other for many years and he respects my profession as I do his.

Corinne, are you serious about that comment?? I certainly hope not. If you think that I 'broke' your clutch you are JOKING JOKING, JOKING!!!!

Please you are a really nice girl, but stick to things that you know about LOL

Haha Boz Im only having a joke..

Seriously I don't care about the clutch.. I knew it was on its way out it was just a matter of time before it went.

You would also have to be one of the few I trust driving my car because I know you have been doing it for so long and I have seen you drive before.

I didn't think you would take it seriously, sorry if you did.

damn....ladies im dissapointed even more so about wasting my tyres last week....hope u guys have fun out there.....missing out big time....still trying to get something organised....

hey corrine u mentioned u knew someone who could get me good tyres for $100ea? or was that someone else?

ill be out there spectating if i cant organise tyres....

If anyone is going to be bozman's assistant....its going to be me.....i will fight you for it?