SAU Community

Impul Hi-power Control Unit

Does anyone here has any experience/knowledge about the Impul Hi-Power Control Unit ECU for the ER34?

Saw a unit up for sale and wondering what are the difference compared to the stock unit which I'm running now.

knight2000kitt2006-img600x450-1176610028pict0003.jpg

it will be a plain remap, so no one can touch it unless they have remap tools for ER34

dr drift in melbourne might be able to sort it out otherwise theres a dude in sydney who can do them (dont know name sorry)

ideally get a locall supproted ECU so you can goto any tuner.

but as far as bang for $ it might be ok, it will have the limits all removed and maybe some more timing.

its probably rich as all hell as well (assumption)

what are you talking about mines computer? lol. why would impul buy a mines computer and re map it? It's a standard nissan computer re-programed by impul. if you are referring to the painted over sticker, that says "nissan re-manufactured ecu" or similar. lol. mines.

personally I think anything over about $100 is too much to pay, unless you know exactly what it was tuned for, in which case $300 would be ok. but you are far better off just buying a pfc or similar.

If its cheap, add a second had SAFC (either series 1 or 2) too it to ensure it isnt overly rich (or lean)

dunno, bit of a hit and miss afair with tuned standard ecu's

• 1 year later...

Hey 8110,

I realise this thread is a little old though maybe you havent yet made any decisions. Heres attached a pic of my ECU that came in my car. I also have a neo afc and running 9psi as we have some detonation issues im told. (new to this) the only other mod is a blitz 3" catback. now although the dyno's arent accurate and a normal day up here is relatively hot (32+ degrees C) only acheived 162.5kW im looking into a powerFC as my tuner tells me this ecu is in a foreign language an doesnt seem as though he can do anything with it to further modify. Now i'd rather know that my ecu isnt limiting my cars drivability in anyway before i go ahead with future mods.

Hope this helps

cheers :)

I realise this thread is a little old though maybe you havent yet made any decisions. Heres attached a pic of my ECU that came in my car. I also have a neo afc and running 9psi as we have some detonation issues im told. (new to this) the only other mod is a blitz 3" catback. now although the dyno's arent accurate and a normal day up here is relatively hot (32+ degrees C) only acheived 162.5kW im looking into a powerFC as my tuner tells me this ecu is in a foreign language

Is that for a GTR? Or for something else?

I got 156 AWKW (not on a good day), on my first dyno with a MINES ecu.

After tuning with a PowerFC and high flow CAT and panel filter, adjustable cam gears >240RWKW :(

I'd recommend getting rid of the non-tunable ECU and getting a PowerFC or similar.

Mentioned it before but regrap the plugs and if youve got det issues its enhanceing the timig thats ok cause safc works well at retarding the timing down low.

To answer your question it would not be limiting your cars ability to would be a more aggressive tune compared to stock, the problem might be the tuner too. get someone to check your timing it should be 15 (from memory) and it might be your fuel pump shitting itself.

It really could be a million things but in my opinion it will NOT be the ECU.

But in saying that a power fc is the best upgrade option atm and I have just bought that, they are shit expensive but bang for buck they are the best increase in power the for sale section has a few for view now. If you want to go faster this is the key!

Edited by DECIM8