SAU Community

All 32 Four Door Owners Look Here

M I K E

ok guys this is my second post for SAU but for those of you that frequent NS.com you may know me as 1ATSXDRFT

anyhow, following on from gumnuts thread about the sedan overfenders i'm looking at bringing them over :blink:

now for it to be economically feasable for myself to do so i will be making copies of these guards and selling them (gonna cost about ~1k to get the originals here)

if this goes ahead the kit will consist of both rear quarters (~+50mm) and a pair of rear door skins and the price will be set at ~600 bucks for the set (dependant on final purchase price, how much work i have to put into them to make them fit nice, cost of laying up moulds, materials etc) and should have some ready in about 3 months time :wave: (damn containers take so long to get here :) )

chapado1972-img600x474-1175782889img_0900.jpg

chapado1972-img600x450-1175782902img_0901.jpg

chapado1972-img600x450-1175782914img_0902.jpg

REGISTER YOUR INTEREST! :D

Edited by M I K E

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats so funny

Its either we buy them and make copies.

or buy them and paint them white and stick them on my car with no moulds and every four door owner who wants to make there rears wider gets to miss out.

your such a bum head Ryan.

Edited by 32 4whore

^^^ yeah, as i said they are the ones that ryan posted up. copies would be made of fibreglass naturally - the ones on yahoo are glass too

Edited by M I K E

ill take 3!!!

Seriously though Id absolutely love a set, I've been looking for ages and I'm willing to do just about anything to get some (especially if they cover the dents in the back of my car).

None for me... I only buy body parts that are already the right colour and ready to fit :P Nah got no money and got more important things to spend money on, like a bigger turbo... :)

Would love some though, would look sick and cover my damage well too :P, but then dont have the wheels to fill the guards etc etc. :D

Edited by salad

None for me... I only buy body parts that are already the right colour and ready to fit :) Nah got no money and got more important things to spend money on, like a bigger turbo... :D

Would love some though, would look sick and cover my damage well too :blink:, but then dont have the wheels to fill the guards etc etc. :D

I used to think you were kewl. Spacers are your friend. get a nice wide track, makes for easier sliding.

Dont be soft, go wide for your ride or gimmie cash so I can.

Mate I will be in depending on the quality and price once made...Silly question but how do you attach them??? Is it a matter of screwing the panels on and then glassing over the holes? And what about the doors same process???

fairly sure its like fiberglasing, you use a poxy bonding agent simular to arldite then use fiberglass to fill the edge smoothly to the door. but im probably wrong

urethane the panels to the car, drill pilot holes and then rivet them on. its up to you on how you decide to finish them - leave the rivets showing in jap style or blend the panels in :)

does the car have to be ruber back to metal where the urethane goes or will the paint be strong enough to hold?

dont the rivets stick out too much to blend in?

how do they attach to the wheel arch? can the original wheel arches be cut out so the wheels can get right up behind the wide gaurds or are they needed for suport?

sorry for all the questions

Edited by =premo=

to be honest i'm not a panel beater so i wouldn't be able to tell you, i only have limited information that i have gathered from panel beater mates, so i would recommend speaking to someone about fitting them if you are going to do it yourself.

i said rivets because i'm not sure if glue will be enough to hold them there even if you glass them in but as you said they wouldn't sit flush as there are no recesses in the panels to put them - something i might look into putting in?

looking at the pictures, it appears the guards are fixed to the lower section of the arches only which means you can cut out/bash up/whatever you want to do to your existing guards

I used to think you were kewl. Spacers are your friend. get a nice wide track, makes for easier sliding.

Dont be soft, go wide for your ride or gimmie cash so I can.

Shhh. Fast > Pretty :)