SAU Community

My Project For The Last Year- New Pic On The Second Page

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the positive comments guys, its been a long road to get all the bodywork done, alot of time and money has been put into it but the attention to detail from the boys at J racing is amazing they really pulled out all the stops on this one.

And yes got just a bit of width, the final measurement was around 65-70mm wider on all 4 corners with 10.5" rears and 9.5" fronts probably gonna get the rear width extended to about 12" maybe 13". But not really a great need until the engine work is complete. All in good time ive still got a couple years to tweak it.

No expense spared on parts, it has a real R34 GTR bonnet, genuine Volk GT-V's, Genuine lights, racing fuel flap yet to fitted but the fuel pipes have been extended. Still tossing up on changing the side mirrors and what style side indicators to use. All hand made fibreglass guards which took forever to get perfect (the line around each guard took 3 hours per corner to look right)

Yeh thats fair wide.

Make sure you inspect your paint VERY closely when its done mate, they fkd up the prep on my bonnet and now it has irremovable swirls all over it.

Im not too worried about the quality of the paint, we spent alot more time prepping the car and make sure all the surfaces were perfectly smooth, spent a bit extra on supplies this time opting for some higher quality stuff.

Also very minimal bog was used, if a fibreglass surface wasnt quite right we did it again rather than just bogging over it, and particular attention was payed to the gaps inbetween the bonnet and gaurds and boot etc, making sure all of them were even. It will be street driven so we took into consideration the height of the car and am applying stone guard on any surfaces that we can. We also used paint that can be repaired without spraying half the car.

I like that a lot, and I don't usually go for bodykits. What kinda rubber you going to put in there, may I suggest a pair of Corvette / Lambo 335s for the rear sir?

The yellow car in the backround is a Celica but i wont be taking any more pics of that as its not my car, it used to be the yellow new model celica with a bodykit and rims the licence plate was "quing" ?? but was rear ended so he decided to go full widebody on the whole car.

The skyline has firenza semi slicks on the front 275/30/19 stretched, the rear has 275/30/19 in hankooks but they were temporary tyres the different brands seemed to make a massive difference even tho they are 275 width, they are going to be replaced with Pirelli semi slicks when the car is complete and the bugs have been sorted out.

My car is currently all primed and ready to go when its all bolted back together ill get some more pics up, be afraid this thing is stupidly wide.

Edited by Style32

is it gonna cost you a lot? it looks pretty awesome, are you doing most of the stuff yourself?

It has cost an absolute fortune but i wont go into detail :P, most of the work has been completed by j racing but i was required to source out all the parts myself, something i will not be doing in the near future if ever again. It has been quite a headache along the way with multiple complications coming up along the way eg. the guy taking out my windshield yesterday gettin ready for the spray broke it leaving me 10 days to get a new one before autosalon!!

Cheers, Semo

It has cost an absolute fortune but i wont go into detail :( ,

nice man, well some pics when you're done then :P

are you gonna keep it white? or thinking of another colour haha, yeah i love the r34 front as well

hope all goes well then.

Im at a friends place now but ill post up the most recent pic when i get home, the engine bay has now been sprayed and its been changed to orange with a heavy gold pearl, it looks amazing.

I wont be posting the final product until after autosalon sydney but ill get another sneak peak up.