SAU Community

My Project For The Last Year- New Pic On The Second Page

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo dam nice, how much did the parts (bonnet, guards, lights etc) for the 34 front conversion cost

kk here we go, this is all off the top of my head.

Lights - $1600

Fenders - $500

Bonnet - $700

Indicators - $110 x 2

Front bar - $450

Thats just on the front end, not including widening those guards further and makeing all the custom brackets to hold it on. The rest would go something like this.

Rims - $4950

Tyres - $1650

Boot - $350

Sideskirts - $300

Rear Bar - $400

Painting/fibreglass/labour - $17,000 give or take about $1500

Spacers - $300

R34 bonnet hinges - $75

So nearly $29,000 in bodywork alone, now just the engine and interior to go and im done >_<

edit: spelling

Edited by Style32

expensive.... i hope it puts a $30,000 smile on your face! car looks really sweet....

Theres nothing quite like getting a trophy for all the hard work put into the car, i was a bit worried before it was finished but after i saw it i couldnt have been happier, truly a one of a kind. Something tells me jerry wont be too keen on doing another r34 front end anytime soon >_<

Lol @ baconer, too much info? i never said it was cheap :( a nice detterent to those wanting to copy lol

Edited by Style32

haha yea, always loved the 34 front ends and when i saw pics of the bee*r R33.5 i started looking around for general prices. URAS says $600 for guards but buyer must source lights, bonnet and other necessary parts which didnt sound too bad till you said $1600 for the lights alone :rant: Cant wait to spot this car on the road haha

I just looked at this pics and yea R34 fronts ends look SWEET... i think it is mainly just the lights i love but still SEXY as and i must say that front bar is going to get munched no matter where you go that is lowwwwwwwwwww :rant:

Top work Stlye32

Its mainly the wheels that really hurt us in price, a new set of R33 lights i got quoted around the $1200 mark so i thought well $1600 for R34 lights aint too bad. The front bar is at a much more driveable height usually we just had the coil overs all the way down for the show.

The problem i came across with the bee R kit is that it isnt even bolt on, they provide you with no brackets/instructions as to what needs to happen to get this all together whilst they provide with you with many of panels a real R34 GTR bonnet is not an easy item to find, making the brackets for the bonnet and lights was another adventure in itself.

For those daring enough to attempt it feel free to pm for a more indepth guide as to what it will take, i was extremely involved in the build of the car and could tell you what it took almost every step of the way and what costs you could be looking at.

And also for those who are handy with a welder and some skills with fibreglass knock off about 3000-4000 off the price as you will save your panel beater a large amount of time making all these little brackets.

Edit: Please remember guys this price was for the widebody aswell, if you just wanted to bolt an R34 front end on theres no reason why it couldnt be done for around the $11000 mark including a complete respray, again if someone wants a price on what it took me to get just the R34 front including labour PM me the standard R34 conversion guards are fairly normal width so a wheel change wouldnt really be necessary.

Edited by Style32

hey man

i was just wondering wat rear guards they r?

obviously modified but wat did they start out 2 b n how much di they cost

thanx 4 ur help

Hey, the rear guards are completely custom made, they started out as a shape cut from foam/matting that we played with size/shape etc then used the foam as a mould for the fibreglass which was then grafted onto the car. The rear guards were inspired by the charge speed supra. So the short answer being i cant really give a price as they were quite literally made from an idea.

Thanks billisphere for the positive comment im glad that it got such a good response from many people on the forum it definately was not the easiest conversion we could of done.

cheers, semo

ps. i didnt know u were on here tuong :)

Just saw the car today in the J racing show room. Honestly the pics just do not do the car justices. It’s freaking awesome and looks so much better in real life. Jerry said it took almost 3 to 4 months of straight labour to finish. Man I would hate to count the Hours Spent.

But a seriously sweet looking ride, congrats on an amazingly well done job. Can’t wait to see it crusen the streets. Rock And Ride!!!!!!

thats the second best R33 I have ever seen, thats freakin unbelievable. im doing an R34 conversion to my car too but just for the front and no widebody, your car being the model. thanks man!.