SAU Community

Auto To Manual Questions

Yes I have already searched.

I am replacing the motor in my manual R32 GTSt Type M.

The motor i have bought is auto.

Are there any differences other than the missing spigot bush?

How big is the spigot bush?

Where can i get one of the bushes from? and how much am i looking at?

Edited by Mulkers

I asked a friend, and he said to chisel the collar out. ok. Fair enough.

I have found another problem though.

On the new inlet manifold, behind the last injector, is a barbed fittting, for a hose to go on to.

This is different to my manifold, and i don't have the slightest clue what it is for.

Does it run air or water?

Is it ok if i just cap it off?

Does it have something to do with the auto transmission?

i am an apprentice mechanic, and am trying to do this on my own, and only have 55c to my name at the mo.

Some of these are also questions that are skyline specific, so i would have thought that the skyline community would have some useful knowledge.

hey budy i have done this a few time before. I think the steel spigots are 16mm or 18 mm id you will need to get a 16 mm bolt cut the threaded part off and use the shaft. Fill the end of the crank with grease and insert the smash it a few times with a hammer it will pop out for sure. Try to fill the cavity with just grease and no air .

Be gentl inserting the new one aswll>

d.i.y all the way man

No, it is at the bottom of the inlet manifold. Everything else is connected, and the same fitting isn't on any other rb20 i have seen yet. It looks like an 8, maybe 10mm barb. So i am stumped. I am going to put a hose on it, run it up in the engine bay, and when it starts, see if it squirt water, or air:). and then block it off.

I got the collar of the crank yesterday, and intended on putting the new spigot bush in, but mum "Cleaned" the shed

In doing so, my spigot bush grew legs and went walkabout. So i have had to get another. :P

And now that it is the weekend, it wont get done until at least next week :)

Should be banging again next week. Can't wait.

Seems i have most of it sorted now.

Any tips for putting the new spigot bush in?

Thanks 33pig for your help. DIY is best learn heaps, and save the extremely small amount of money i have.

Everyone else's cars are starting to pump again after being off of the road for at least 6 months; 3 mates with vlts, one mate with a ca18 bluebird etc. Should be fun.

Edited by Mulkers