SAU Community

People Who Wanna Drive Skylines

I know this has been covered many times but i had to bring it up again, what is the deal with wannabe skyline owners thinking that we will

care if they sit next to us and rev their engines? On the way home this arvo i had 3 p platers in commos try to race me, a bloke in an xr6

go screaming past me and another guy in a new sr5 hilux hang out the window and say " wanna race " i mean god damn it's getting pretty

old, and that was within an hour.

On the plus side i did see green p plater in a nice silver stagea, got a wave as well, now that's respect LOL.

---------- remember kids smoke tyres not drugs ----------

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been covered many times but i had to bring it up again, what is the deal with wannabe skyline owners thinking that we will

care if they sit next to us and rev their engines? On the way home this arvo i had 3 p platers in commos try to race me, a bloke in an xr6

go screaming past me and another guy in a new sr5 hilux hang out the window and say " wanna race " i mean god damn it's getting pretty

On the plus side i did see green p plater in a nice silver stagea, got a wave as well, now that's respect LOL.

Bro.... I have to agree and also bear witness to such idiotic things...

I mean... to them, Skylines, Silvias, WRX's etc are "BEAST LIKE" sports cars... so once they line up next to ya... they're like... ok, here's the benchmark...let's race them... I have nothing to lose, but if I floke it and win... it would make the other bloke in their Riceboxes look bad...

For example, my car is pretty made-up and modded... stopped at the lights next to Holden VL or something... and they just went totally nuts!! LOL

SO yeah, sad but true.

shiny objects can fool em.

I used to get it a lot too, only it's usually from the commo crowd, so I couldn't give a crap. What is it with the commodore? As soon as the V8 races start, they're all revving to go! For this reason alone, I cannot buy a commodore ever.

i find more middle aged womean and tradies in there AU tradesmans and shit tailgaiting me... drives me insane. just cause our cars are awesome doesnt mean we have to impress other drivers. haha

yea i think we all get that.

If its a V8 i will sometimes go him, but if its a "hero" in a VS commodore i let him gun it and sit back and admire the roar power of it :blink:

^^^ lol its funny cos its true, they try so hard but dont make any distance.

i dont really get anyone doing that alot, only when its a merge in lane and the commodore just has to prove it can accelerate. Maybe its cos im a girl, cos when my bf drives my car it happens to him alot.

so you dont want people to race but you do want people to smoke tyres.....riiiigggghhhhhttttttttt........

.....but if its a "hero" in a VS commodore i let him gun it and sit back and admire the roar power of it :P

haha classic cause its true dude!

lol

All of the above i find amusing, but what annoys/amuses me, is when a commodore driver lines up next to u at the lights takes off slowly (because he knows if he canes it you will) then like a minute later comes flying past u at 180.. what are they trying to prove lol.. It's even funnier when you drop it back a gear and catch there speed by the time they're next to you.

lol yeh i had this happen to me was in the right lane and in the left lane there was a commo v8 vs (muzza) which needed to merge as lane stops...anyway i saw him and accelerated so he could not get past me on the asphalt, so what does he do? He just goes through the emergency lane which is gravel and overtakes me,there was dust and rocks everywhere and he nearly lost it! what a tool........

i am 1 of these people, except i would pull up next to a commodore in my skyline and do it. and i never had many takers.

i also like pulling up next to skylines with their big chrome wheels and big bodykits that are all show and stock go and then there's me that had stock wheels, with some more go, and then beating them.

now i do it in my current car. a 99 magna. i'm going to race my mate with his 33 at willowbank this weekend. i told him that if he beats me there is something wrong, but i am still hoping for a high 14 second pass, which is quicker than some skylines on here.

Just get used to it. How would you all react if you pulled up next a Porsche or Ferrari?

Nothing at all, cause we would get smoked anyway so... Its not people trying to race you but its the tail gating that annoys me