SAU Community

Abundance Of Cops On The Road

Primordial

Hope you didnt miss the camera car in the 90 zone yesterday south bound!

Doesn't count... he is always there... It's either the straight between Mooney bridge & Mt White weigh station, the bend in the 90 zone, or at Jolls bridge either on the left tucked away in the breakdown telephone spot or the between the wall in the middle............anyways I am usually doing the speed limit or at the most 5km over..just not worth it these days......

Its just like a fixed speed camera that damn wagon - its always there! ... oh and don't forget parked in the line of cars at Kariong after the servo...

They have camera cars in NSW!? I didnt know that!

I saw a Highway Patrol car yesterday in my travels, was waiting behind it at a set of lights, and you can see on the back parcel shelf that there's a camera on a small stand with all the wiring and stuff, and I could just make out the silhouette of one mounted on the dash at the front too...

they've been doing the whole camera thing for over 2 years at least.

whenever i get pulled over i always get out of my car, i get nervous/defensive if someones talking down to me for some reason and i end up nervously giving out jabs or babble on about stupid shit. so i get out and they always say, 'mate, just remember we've got a camera in the car, ok?'.

they probably didnt make enough money booking people over the easter weekend.

Correction... They got me defected over that certain weekend lol :( Cost me over a grand to fix everything up and still haven't paid my fines! :)

I saw a Highway Patrol car yesterday in my travels, was waiting behind it at a set of lights, and you can see on the back parcel shelf that there's a camera on a small stand with all the wiring and stuff, and I could just make out the silhouette of one mounted on the dash at the front too...

i found a close up pic of one of those video recorders in highway patrol cars

Here V recorder

Josh

Was driving home from work at 3am in the morning down Epping road just off the Princess Highway underpass heading towards Lane Cove. Doing the speed limit, saw a HWP car going in the opposite direction. I look in the rear view and...yes you guessed it - he did a u-turn.

Followed me for a few hundred meters and then decided to flash his blue and reds.

Out of the car and he says..."good morning sir, random breath test.."

MY @RSE RBT!!

How can it be random when he did a u turn and then followed me for so long?

But i drive a Skyline, so i cant expect any better from our law enforcement officers. Good on you boys!

Mike.

Was driving home from work at 3am in the morning down Epping road just off the Princess Highway underpass heading towards Lane Cove. Doing the speed limit, saw a HWP car going in the opposite direction. I look in the rear view and...yes you guessed it - he did a u-turn.

Followed me for a few hundred meters and then decided to flash his blue and reds.

Out of the car and he says..."good morning sir, random breath test.."

MY @RSE RBT!!

How can it be random when he did a u turn and then followed me for so long?

But i drive a Skyline, so i cant expect any better from our law enforcement officers. Good on you boys!

Mike.

Yeah along that rd epping rd, they do alot of "random" breath tests, my brother is a red p plater driving a mazda 323 sp20 and they came flying out of a side street and pulled him over for a "random" breath test and pretty much anytime at night a red p plater is driving in our area they seem to automatically pull you over - fair enough as this will hopefully drive home the message about getting caught but they are in the same boat as us.... Mind you none of the police pull me over when they see me like last night a paddy wagon on my way home thru gosford caught up to me at a set of lights in the other lane then followed slowly for like 2mins... then gone... 3 mins later he re-appeared in the same lane and drove past me - Was full on expecting to be breath tested or pulled over but nah they musn't like the 4 doors lol

I was pulled over for an RBT thurs night at hornsby heights, im a good boy so was all good :(

Oh, and saw two XR6 highway patrols (unmarked and marked) race a plane today!

each time the xr6 turbos won! :P (true story!)