SAU Community

Stock R33 Gts-t - What To Do First.

I bought a R33 GTS-T in october and havent done anything to it, it came with wheels which is about it, but everything else is clean.

I'm only going to start of small and gradually get bigger things like an exhaust system etc...

Looking at first getting a BOV, probably the GREDDY TYPE RS.

What you think? any other BOV's people recommened and also any other upgrades which is should gradually get to in the upcoming months?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

BOV's arent really an upgrade iirc. not unless you are making biggish power. your stocko will do.

do your engine breathing mods. biggest gains/dollar i think. i mean get a full exhaust, highflow cat, air intake, cai. then other shit which i dont know much bout as yet. going thru the same process as u atm.

seroiously get an exhaust, even if that blows ur budget u will have improved ur performance by a decent amount. i put on an exhaust from dead stock and it went from 144rwkw to 169. i got a twin dump pipe, 3" system with high flow cat....cost me 1350 with dyno before and after.....opened her right up...got me to a 13.4 down the qtr mile.....

Forget BOVs... unles you want to start getting problems with ur car runnign rich (poor economy) and an occasional stall.

get a turbo back exhaust. I just got Just Japs JJR high flow turbo back and it kicks ass... not too loud and you can really see the improvement in the top end revs.

First thing would defiently be an exhaust and pod if you like,

then a FMIC! =]

You can get some cheap kits these days.

Don't block your bov off, the standard turbo won't last long at all.

If you do boost your car, be careful because as i said! The standard

turbo doesn't really last too long hehe.

First time i boosted mine it popped :blink:

Thennnn if you have spare money get your standard turbo highflowed :action-smiley-069:

I bought a R33 GTS-T in october and havent done anything to it, it came with wheels which is about it, but everything else is clean.

I'm only going to start of small and gradually get bigger things like an exhaust system etc...

Looking at first getting a BOV, probably the GREDDY TYPE RS.

What you think? any other BOV's people recommened and also any other upgrades which is should gradually get to in the upcoming months?

Cheers.

Yea nothing wrong with a nice BOV if u want it to sound a bit defferent I would go with the HKS super-seqential really good high pitched noise.