SAU Community

Gt3540r Iw On Its Way R33 Gtst

bazr33

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a gt35r .63 on an rb25 so i'm really only guestimating. :P

I'd expect it to be all in by around 4000rpm+ ish.. and start pulling hard by 4500rpm ish. Much like a GT3040 .82.

Off topic a touch...

It would be very interesting to compare the GT3040 .82 to a GT35r .63.

The gt30r .82 and gt35r .63 turbine/housing combination flows very similiar with the gt35r edging out the gt30r in the higher PR's.

Considering they both have the 82mm 56t comp wheel and both the turbine wheel and housing size combination flows similiar it would be interesting to see how the theory of turbine size to compressor wheel matching affects spool and response.

The GT35r does have a heavier larger turbine wheel BUT as you know a larger wheel is able to provide more torque to drive the compressor wheel due to its greater tip height, so its a little more efficient at using the exhausts energy.

NIB used a GT35r .63 on an RB30DET.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...st&id=80730

Doesn't appear to spool as expected (looks almost like a .82) but maybe he got on it a little late in the rpm.

I've never seen a gt35r .63 on an rb25 so i'm really only guestimating. :)

I'd expect it to be all in by around 4000rpm+ ish.. and start pulling hard by 4500rpm ish. Much like a GT3040 .82.

That sounds about right, I've been in a car with a .63 GT35R on an RB25 and ~1bar at around 4000rpm in a high gear. Closer to 4400rpm with .82a/r.

hey mate nice to see another person going for a IW garret turbo i ha vthe IW GT3076R and its great a tad bit laggy however with a aftermarket ecu,injectors,fuel pump and ur usual basic mods it made 350hp at 15psi and 380hp at 18 psi my next step will be cams then pretty much not much else i can do until i can afford to open her up anyway enjoy

sam

then why are these guys going for internally gates turbos?
yeah a good manifold setup and external gate gives you the best response

An exh. manifold is required when going ext gate. Throw a good exh manifold on an int gate turbo and its a level playing field.

The only issues int gate have is boost control.

yeah like im using a propper external gate and propper manifold...

if you do something do it properly i say

We all have to draw the line some where..

I'd prefer to sacrifice a bee's dick response and top end peak power for something that can be driven without worry on the street. Pop the hood on mine and it looks 100% stock, right down to the stock air box.

+ With a GT3076 the added cost of the exh. manifold + gate sends the bang for buck value down the tubes.

GT3540, completely different story as they are able to push close to 400rwkw, and yes thats with int gate too.

Which was also another reason for myself not going all out with a GT3540. ;)

Do it smart is what I say. :laugh:

For those interested...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3089248

rb30det, HKS GT3037ProS. Exact same core as the Garrett GT3076r but with a slightly different port shroud cover (that can be purches from ebay) and slightly different exhaust housing wastegate setup.

Regardless.. Awesome spread of power. From my calcs its making ~164rwkw some where around 3000, look at that torque curve. No doubt it would feel like a big block on the street. :)

Do it smart is what I say. :)

baah, i have my older years to play it smart ;) these are my years of himount manifolds, nitrous and gates venting out of bonnets.

Boo to the nay sayers!!

:laugh:

[ any police reading this, my wastegate isn't plumbed out my bonnet, nos for the purge only, purely a fictional statement to create an image *cough* ]

lmfao.. Funny u say that as I was watching some 'street drags' on youpube last night. Big v8's and all, all with nos purge from in front of the windscreen. God damn v8 wannabe ricers. lmao.

Hey my decision has come down to this

Rb25det head with rb30 bottom end

Rb25 head is being converted to non vct

Rb30 block has been honed and decked. still has std bore at the moment, and will be balanced aswell

Crank will be balanced, with cp pistons and spool rods.

I'll be selling my rb25det engine, minus loom, fuel reg, injectors. It will just be the engine itself with the plenum.

This will be a while to do and hopefully be close to finish around june july.

If you are able to, sell your engine complete it will sell easier than as parts.

Also you can then buy my RB25DET head, arp head studs and tomei 1.2mm head gasket from me :P. I was all geared up to build a RB25/30 for my GTS4 but ended up selling most of it and getting an R33 GTR instead. The head is pressure tested and machined ready for assembly.

:) excuse my advertising ...

Cheers,

Ian

The head cost me $1500 with everything needed to do the 25/30 conversion, manfolds, std injectors, fuel rail, cams , pullies all bolts etc, timing belt covers the works. ARP head bolt kits another $270 and the tomei head gasket was another $400ish from memory. Then I had machining done on the head so its all ready to assemble.

Make me a realistic offer and its all yours. I have no use for any of it with my new car.

The head cost me $1500 with everything needed to do the 25/30 conversion, manfolds, std injectors, fuel rail, cams , pullies all bolts etc, timing belt covers the works. ARP head bolt kits another $270 and the tomei head gasket was another $400ish from memory. Then I had machining done on the head so its all ready to assemble.

Make me a realistic offer and its all yours. I have no use for any of it with my new car.

Well i wont need the head gasket, cause i have a tomei one 1.5mm

At the moment all i have to offer is 900, as i can get Head with plenum $590.

And to have it converted to non VCT ( weld up the oil gallery, weld and modify the water jacket, then surface the head, cut all the valve seats, face all the valves, , vacuum tested, acid washed ) $350

Is yours converted to non VCT?