SAU Community

Screamer Pipe Question..

rami

i have a friend who wants to order a screamer pipe of ebay for his r33.. at the moment he has a 3 inch dump pipe and the screamer/dump pipe his interested in is a 2.5inch dump.. what his question is would there be any probs/modifications in fitting the screamer/dump pipe where the old 3 inch used to sit.. and would he lose any power since its half a inch smaller.. he is running a gcg highflow turbo...

cheers

He should be alright with the smaller diameter piping because before the dump pipe was a bit bigger to compensate for the wastegate gasses going back into the exhaust.

He realises tho he could get a big fine if hes caught using one :)

Edited by /2on

at the moment in queensland it's about $5000 dollar fine and vehicle ordered off road until returned to stock. some people have said they got fined $10,000 but i work in the exhaust industry and seen all the new laws and yeah it's round the $5000 mark if cop wants to get you for it otherwise it's an off the road defect

Edited by redevil

I think its more like a 7000 dollar fine.. and a 2,500 dollar hooning fine.

you get the fines combined.

so maybe its 5000 dollar fine for emissions, 2,500 for hooning and another 2,500 made up in smaller laws broken.

I think its more like a 7000 dollar fine.. and a 2,500 dollar hooning fine.

you get the fines combined.

so maybe its 5000 dollar fine for emissions, 2,500 for hooning and another 2,500 made up in smaller laws broken.

:mad:

man first of all screamer pipe you will loose power on a stock turbo system, I second the thing about the track expecially with the new laws in regards to them

How will you lose power? :closedeyes: