he drove my skyline

instant hoon

haha, frankie in the skyline!!

:D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha wtf.....so i could be taking a snooze in my 1982 honda civic.....on the way to like NSWs or something....and even my excuse for taking a power nap wouldnt save me from being classified as a hoon??? thats just crazy....

hahaha sorry, i forgot to clarify it was the geelong council, title of the article was "COUNCIL TARGETS HOONS" or somthing like that and then when i read the article i freaked out cause it was about people sleeping in their cars around Geelong.

What a fu(king disgrace, it really make my blood boil when losers do stuff like this. Humans think they are just SO much better and deserve so much more than animals. They need to wake up and realize we are animals ourselves and should respect other animals, not inflict pain for fun. Let ME at them with a club and we'll see how much fun it really is. Shame shame shame, I'm Daryn Hinch...Goodnight!

Since when has killing kangaroos been "absolutely illegal"?

I see them chopped up in bits in the supermarket all the time.

Do they just wait for them to die a natural death before serving them to people?

mate im sure the roos you see chopped up in shops weren't beaten to death with a stick. im also sure that when they do kill them they make sure the critters aren't carrying joeys too. thats why its illegal - how these animals died was cruel and needless

Since when has killing kangaroos been "absolutely illegal"?

I see them chopped up in bits in the supermarket all the time.

Do they just wait for them to die a natural death before serving them to people?

Animals being killed humanely for food is one thing, its a completely different story when a wild animal is chased around by a group or morons with a car and then clubbed to death.

Surely you can distinguish between the 2.

Why is everyone here so intent on believing everything the media says?

I can see possible justification here.

If I hit a kangaroo with my car, and it was lying on the ground dying, I wouldn't hesitate to cave its head in.

Sounds fairly humane...... but all you hippies would rather stand there and watch it suffer?

>_<

Perhaps some of you "city folk" should go and try make a living off the land so you can find out first hand how much damage a couple of "innocent" kangaroos can cause to your livelihood.

What you are talking about and what happened in the news article being discussed are 2 completely different things.

These idiots CHASED kangaroos in their car, until they hit one, and then they bashed it to death.

Surely even you can admit how heartless that is.

as a "hippie" im more than happy to put an animal out of its misery if i happen to hit it on the roads.

however its a whole different scenario when said animal is confined in a vacant lot, deliberately chased down, run over and then clubbed (possibly w/o regard to if the thing was actually dying or not), purely for my enjoyment. what would you call me then i wonder sky031?

(by me i mean all those who expressed disgust at this event)

.....again, people go straight back to "what the media says".

I can read what the article says.

I simply choose not to take everything written by the media as gospel.

If it is true, there may be circumstances behind it which haven't been noted, after all, it's a pretty one sided story at the moment.

I can think of plenty of reasons why people would want to chase and kill vermin.

Most people wouldn't hesitate to set a mouse trap, yet I wouldn't consider a mouse trap to be a humane way to eradicate vermin.

They don't make traps for 6 foot tall mice, so people have to find other ways to deal with the pest issue.

.....again, people go straight back to "what the media says".

I can read what the article says.

I simply choose not to take everything written by the media as gospel.

If it is true, there may be circumstances behind it which haven't been noted, after all, it's a pretty one sided story at the moment.

I can think of plenty of reasons why people would want to chase and kill vermin.

Most people wouldn't hesitate to set a mouse trap, yet I wouldn't consider a mouse trap to be a humane way to eradicate vermin.

They don't make traps for 6 foot tall mice, so people have to find other ways to deal with the pest issue.

I totally agree with this.. as cruel as it seems people always are out shooting roo's but clubbing them to death seems really wrong.

I agree with SY031 on this as the media seems to dramatise things soo much and them calling these idiots "HOONS" just doesn't make sense... i thaught hoons were people that drove "hotted up cars" so to speak, man the media sux balls with all their lies... but the media is good for only one thing and thats making people scared not aware.

Why is everyone here so intent on believing everything the media says?

I can see possible justification here.

If I hit a kangaroo with my car, and it was lying on the ground dying, I wouldn't hesitate to cave its head in.

Sounds fairly humane...... but all you hippies would rather stand there and watch it suffer?

:ninja:

Perhaps some of you "city folk" should go and try make a living off the land so you can find out first hand how much damage a couple of "innocent" kangaroos can cause to your livelihood.

nah dude, those idiots chased the kangaroos down and then clubbed it to death. Not the fact that they found the kangaroos dying, and decided to put them out of their misery

If i did see an animal dying - id see if i can take it to the nearest animal shelter - not kill it. Similar to if i see a person collapsed on the foot path - i wouldnt think "hmmm...he/she is dying, why not club him/her to death"....

Perhaps it was not right calling them hoons - but rather plain old dickheads who cant get enough up the ass cause the police are cracking down on their gay activities :)

What you are talking about and what happened in the news article being discussed are 2 completely different things.

These idiots CHASED kangaroos in their car, until they hit one, and then they bashed it to death.

Surely even you can admit how heartless that is.

werd

as a "hippie" im more than happy to put an animal out of its misery if i happen to hit it on the roads.

however its a whole different scenario when said animal is confined in a vacant lot, deliberately chased down, run over and then clubbed (possibly w/o regard to if the thing was actually dying or not), purely for my enjoyment. what would you call me then i wonder sky031?

(by me i mean all those who expressed disgust at this event)

maddness - another hippie on the forums! we should get together and drink that energy drink - "mother" :P

If i did see an animal dying - id see if i can take it to the nearest animal shelter - not kill it.

So.... on one hand you're campaigning for the humane treatment of animals, yet, at the same time, you're saying that you'd prefer to see an animal undergo additional pain and suffering by attempting to transport it instead of doing "the humane thing" and ending it's misery ASAP.

........I suppose you're a fan of Pink as well?

"daaaaaaah I'd rather see sheep die from maggot infestation rather than have them be subjected to mulesing, so don't buy australian wool."

:rolleyes:

So.... on one hand you're campaigning for the humane treatment of animals, yet, at the same time, you're saying that you'd prefer to see an animal undergo additional pain and suffering by attempting to transport it instead of doing "the humane thing" and ending it's misery ASAP.

........I suppose you're a fan of Pink as well?

"daaaaaaah I'd rather see sheep die from maggot infestation rather than have them be subjected to mulesing, so don't buy australian wool."

:P

you gotsta try and help :)

The best thing that one can do is to take it to somewhere like the RSPCA - they'd know what to do. Dont cave its head in by urself, cos if it can be saved, then it can be saved. ya hear me?

Edited by emsta2003

Im guessing you have no qualifications or training in Veterinary science, so I hope you have really good judgement on whether an animal has a chance to survive or not before you "end its misery".