SAU Community

Rb Turbo Power Vs Vtec?

at test and tune on the weekend i beat a turbo r33 in a 99 magna with just a cat back. but by the end of the night he was getting quicker.

He was learning and stock as a rock dude. We did get him going a bit quicker toward the end but he has a ways to go yet. :worship:

there was another noob there too with enough fat to run 11s (Jun stroker full forge 35/40 etc etc) he was only cracking high 13s to low 14s as well. Strip work in a line aint easy at first. Give them time.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you guys say a VTEC engine or a RB engine is more responsive to mods?

wtf? u serious mate? well aslong as we are talkin about an RB turbo engine....ofcourse the RB is gona be more responsive to mods!

spend 5k on n/a car and u get 10kw.....spend that on a turbo engine and u get ALOT more power....

RB = race bred.

on a skyline board of coarse the general response will be the rb... i like the v tec i just dont like fwd on most of the honda range.....besides s2000 and nsx....... s2000 turboed would be sweet....

Edited by rgr34

the only sorta comparison you could do is to compare an s2000 with a bog stock r33gtst as they both have aroung the same power (not torque). I drove an s2000 the other day and its like driving a car with a blocked exhaust but its cool with the vtec coming in a 6000-rpm and then bouncing it off the limiter at 9000+ :laughing-smiley-014:

Both cars when stock though aren't really that fast, skyline r33 1500kg+ with fuel and driver stock as or cat back still looking at 14sec 1/4s

sure it is! manual 3.5L v6 fagnas run a 14.9 from the factory plus exhaust they are a bit quicker

and where did you get these figures from? somewhere on the intaweb?

I had a magna which did 15.6 - tip tronic with muffler - I honestly dont see where a manual version can get half a second from.

I have to say, if the R33 had a 3.0 litre VTEC-alike engine in it... damn... a new monster would be born... I kinda miss the VTEC yo! LOL

Oh FFS..... :(

rb25's can produce HUGE amounts of power, why anyone would talk about replacing it with an inferior engine I will never know.

If such a "monster" did exist it should be shot and killed!

uh huh, not only are honda drivers the biggest wankers about, they are a shit car, god damn it mums and grannies drive these to pick up the shopping, then some wankers put a body kit on it and look out its the coolest, fastest car on earth. the only two hondas worth mentioning (which is the honda guys argument) is the nsx and s2000. Now i have never seen any young guys with those, and i have never seen a nsx/s2000 owner that acts like a wanker and feels like there cars the fastest on earth they are like many of the import seen normal guys that can appreciate any nice car.

not only are honda drivers the biggest wankers about...

the same could be said about SOME nissan drivers...ther are more shit lookin skylines drivin around than riced hondas

Also, Sinista i think ur forgettin another honda thats worth mentioning...

the DC2R...one of the best handling cars made, just as quik as ur 33 to 100 and would also out handle it (both stock ofcourse)

not bad for a 4cylinder 1.8 :)

I just did a search and couldnt find 1 that comes with a supercharger - could be my lazy search effort. But without supercharger 200HorsePower at the flywheel.. lol? East west V6. gotta be joking.

there is the legend version which has 210kw at the fly. would be a prick to launch though. trying to launch around 180hp at the drags was hard enough. i did run a best of 14.8 though.

He was learning and stock as a rock dude. We did get him going a bit quicker toward the end but he has a ways to go yet.

there was another noob there too with enough fat to run 11s (Jun stroker full forge 35/40 etc etc) he was only cracking high 13s to low 14s as well. Strip work in a line aint easy at first. Give them time.

yeah i know. i saw he ran a low 14 towards the end of the night, so he was getting better. but still, it's nice to brag, LOL.

i thought RB = rice burner

i thought it was runs bearings? LOL

I had a magna which did 15.6 - tip tronic with muffler - I honestly dont see where a manual version can get half a second from

there was an auto one there running 15.7, and mine is the model before and manual and it ran 14.8. with the manual you can launch better, and change gears faster.

It doesnt stand for anything!!! same as " SR " in sr20det. Its just a model designation....

sr stands for shits rings, LOL