SAU Community

Rb Turbo Power Vs Vtec?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Some sources indicate the 'RB' name stands for 'Race Bred'[1], although this is disputed."

> source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_RB_engine

thats good enuf for me :)

RB= race bred.

If thats what you want to beleive (even though they tell you it is disputed), but its wrong.

What does "sr" stand for? and "vq", "ca", "ve", "rd", "vg" and a s**tload of others??

Edited by r32line

they prolly did a survey and found that S and R or GT sells car like hotcakes, although GT stands for Grand touring I think, but it doesn't make sence

Grand Tourinng R?

Grand Touring T?

the same reaason why X, Z sounds cooler than the other alphabets.. Z tuned, S tuned, market anything with these alphabets and they sound so much cooler. Zymol car wax? in comparison to Macquire << sounds like farmer

yeah which Honda has supercharger in It? I think Honda moto sumthing got to do with using N/A beat turbo...sumthing like that, the only turbocharged car they produce are the 20 limited edition NSX, N I think the intension for them to produce the car so they can enter it in JGTC to win~~.

anyone else shaking their head at this shizz...

+1

I drove a Brand new prelude Vspec = and when i got my stock R33 I can confirm. R33 alot faster. those engines got nothing untill vspec kicks in, then when it does, it aint a whole lot of power. Just a nice power curve up top. RB engine is Far more superior for Power and torque. .. Why are we talking about this ?

OK, I love my R33 Skyline... no doubt about that...with some of my mods, it owns... however... has anyone felt what turbo(ed) VTEC engine feels like? I have... very aggressive low range RPM's... the RB engine doesn't have similiar VTEC technoligy although it is a 6 Cyclinder twincam engine... I don't know - do you think the RB is more powerful overall? Please don't flame... just a general question as I honestly do not know...

*bump* ... RB = Race Bread... fact!

thats the thing they're designed to have power at low rpms and at high rpms and a turbo only helps it. its the best of both worlds with the vtec system. the variable valve timing on a vtec is far more superior to an rb

Spot on answer... that's exactly what I think... if only an RB had VVTI or VTEC or something... how crazy would that be... damn.... high and low end power..

From wiki

"RB25DE and DET engines produced from August 1993 also featured NVCS (Nissan Variable Cam System) for the intake cam. This gave the new RB25DE more power and torque at lower rpm than the previous model.

In May 1998 a NEO head was fitted, which enabled the engine to be classified as a low emission vehicle engine (LEV). The non-VCT and non-turbo was fitted to the R32 Skyline, the VCT turbo and non-turbo was fitted to R33 Skylines and Stageas. R34 Skylines also use these engines, but they are fitted with a NEO head."