SAU Community

Rb Turbo Power Vs Vtec?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VTEC is designed for more output at hi rpm. This is the whole premise behind VTEC. It has NO guts down low. The illusion is that most Honda cars are so light and 1st & 2nd gearing is designed for good take off. VTEC has nothing to do with low rpm power whatsoever. ;) Also, it is well known that Honda engines such as VTEC are designed to rev. That's where they get their power from. But you're arguing the point of VTEC vs RBDET, then comparing VTEC turbo against RBDET, both with mods. Only way to compare properly is stock vs stock.

dont take it out on 32line, im sure many people get misleaded by infomations on wikipedia too.

If he wasn't so consistently out of touch with reality, I wouldn't. I'm not "taking it out" on him, I'm just finding another example of why I'm amazed that idiot manages to walk and breathe at the same time.

haha, scathing i dont give a shit if wikipedia is bullshit like u say. find me a credible nissan source that says wat RB stands for, ok dikhead?

if no one can find a factual source of wat RB stands for, then it can mean watever someone wants it to mean. u got that u fkhead?

First you say that if Wikipedia says it then it must be true, then you say you don't care if its bullshit. And then you start rambling on about how if no-one can find a meaning then you can make it up and pretend its the truth. You don't ever want anyone to think you've got at least two working braincells, do you?

Did Holden name the current VE because its Visually Excellent? The RB30 powered Commodore of yore must be Very Loud, right?

Since there's no actual meaning for the internal designation, how can anyone find you a source on a meaning that doesn't exist? Its the hallmark of an insecure person to go around looking for meaning where none exists.

suk my 10foot dick

I didn't know you were 10 foot tall...? I'd guess you shoot hoops then, since you sound like someone who plays with balls all day.

VTEC is designed for more output at hi rpm. This is the whole premise behind VTEC. It has NO guts down low.

Actually, the premise of VTEC was to provide a flexible powerband. Small camshafts are good for producing torque down low, big camshafts are good for flowing lots of air in the top end. In a VTEC engine, the camshaft has one of each lobe, and it chooses the one to use depending on the rev range. Logical, and elegant. Too bad they failed in their goal until they brought in i-VTEC, and added variable camshaft timing to go with the variable cam lobes.

If peak power at high RPM was their only goal, just running a traditional camshaft with only the big lobe would have sufficed. It would have given them the same numbers, but without all the complexity. The car would have been, however, completely unstreetable. If your average VTEC car ran that badly in the low-end with a smaller cam profile optimised for that part of the rev band, imagine how bad it runs down there on the big cam.....?

T_T why is this thread still going T_T VTEC can spoooool ;) VTEC = Nothing. It doesn't give u 50kw's...It swaps your timing/cam around so that u get more peak.. so it's like adding a cam.... It's designed for fuel economy too... If u had a lumpy cam with high lift/duration you would get the same power throughout the rev range but fuel economy would suffer... So VTEC = a compromise, not a supercharger

Edited by r32 gts-turbo

OK guys, after much discussions on this thread... I and a friend decided to put RB and VTEC to the test... took the car to an empty area with straight road... lined the two up... my r33 tubo Skyline with a lot of mods and my friends turbo 97 civic also with a shitload of mods... straight down the strip ... 1/4 mile - 400 metres... at the start... around 100 metres, the VTEC engine is brutal lead by as much as 1 car's length and it roared... screaming down the piece of road... damn, VTEC kicks in at around 4,500 rpm... a kick back and then thrust forward ignites the spool of Honda's legendary VTEC engine... then.... slowly but surely.... the engined dubbed "RACE BREAD" emerges from the ages and dominates... at around 5,000 rpms and rising... the engine starts to climb and then bang... the spool and flutter of forced-induction kicks in.... WHAM BHAM THANK YOU MAAM the Skyline totally destroys the VTEC Honda vehicle and tears it into shreads...

That's right... at around 275 metres close to 300 mentres, BANG... leaves the turboed Civic for dead.... finally both cars jet over the 400 meter (quarter mile) strip with the Skyline leading by more just 1 car's length... this proves it... turboed or not... RB destroys VTEC... why? I think it'e because RB's are maded to be revved...revvved and revved again... they play amongst the skies... that's right... 5,000 rpms and above close to redline - this is where the RB/Skyline engine lives... whereas VTEC is for low-end power... owns at the start but in the high RPMS... VTEC is weak and can be crushed...

So there we have it folks... VTEC Yo! is no match for a turboed Skyline beast...

Your thoughts and analysis on this would be good...

EVIL TD

ok so a modded r33 beat a modded civic. and what does this prove in the scheme of things? nothing.

First you say that if Wikipedia says it then it must be true, then you say you don't care if its bullshit. And then you start rambling on about how if no-one can find a meaning then you can make it up and pretend its the truth. You don't ever want anyone to think you've got at least two working braincells, do you?

Did Holden name the current VE because its Visually Excellent? The RB30 powered Commodore of yore must be Very Loud, right?

Since there's no actual meaning for the internal designation, how can anyone find you a source on a meaning that doesn't exist? Its the hallmark of an insecure person to go around looking for meaning where none exists.

I didn't know you were 10 foot tall...? I'd guess you shoot hoops then, since you sound like someone who plays with balls all day.

oh scathing u poor thing....u don't have a loved one do u? no g/f? no wife? a virgin yes? uv'e never had any type of satisfaction except for havin a piss and moan about posts on this forum...hahah, u loser

ahwell...ur a sad case...

p.s....suk my 10 foot dick :)

but if the two would be pinned side-by-side in a quatermile sprint...which would win do you think?

94-96 Integra type R V 94 series one 33

Integra had CAI and exhaust

Skyline had Catback.

Skyline won every time from standing start.

Though top end it was dead even. only way to determine was to see who would be the bigger D*&^Head. Here are two stockish cars similar age.

I can vouch for their top end power but this thread is near useless. stock V stock. Skyline.

I'm popping in to give Scathing my full support.

32line: I'm a credible source :D and 'RB' doesn't mean anything. I know where you got that idea of Race Bred from. You know why Wikipedia says it's 'disputed'? It's because some so called journalist wanting to sound like he knew his shit came up with it one day to make his article sound good. You'd be suprised how much disinformation came out in magazines around 1995 - 1999 about Japanese cars etc.... MAX POWER UK anyone?

Give it up 32line there are too many knowledgable people around to say you're mistaken.

Update: the dude that lost... still arguing that the VTEC engine is superior and only lost due to bad launch etc... ha ha ha.... it wasn't the launch, it was the engine... VTEC is not a power engine but it can be ... am I right??

Any similiar experiences with VTEC's boyz???

OK guys, after much discussions on this thread... I and a friend decided to put RB and VTEC to the test... took the car to an empty area with straight road... lined the two up... my r33 tubo Skyline with a lot of mods and my friends turbo 97 civic also with a shitload of mods... straight down the strip ... 1/4 mile - 400 metres... at the start... around 100 metres, the VTEC engine is brutal lead by as much as 1 car's length and it roared... screaming down the piece of road... damn, VTEC kicks in at around 4,500 rpm... a kick back and then thrust forward ignites the spool of Honda's legendary VTEC engine... then.... slowly but surely.... the engined dubbed "RACE BREAD" emerges from the ages and dominates... at around 5,000 rpms and rising... the engine starts to climb and then bang... the spool and flutter of forced-induction kicks in.... WHAM BHAM THANK YOU MAAM the Skyline totally destroys the VTEC Honda vehicle and tears it into shreads...

That's right... at around 275 metres close to 300 mentres, BANG... leaves the turboed Civic for dead.... finally both cars jet over the 400 meter (quarter mile) strip with the Skyline leading by more just 1 car's length... this proves it... turboed or not... RB destroys VTEC... why? I think it'e because RB's are maded to be revved...revvved and revved again... they play amongst the skies... that's right... 5,000 rpms and above close to redline - this is where the RB/Skyline engine lives... whereas VTEC is for low-end power... owns at the start but in the high RPMS... VTEC is weak and can be crushed...

EVIL TD

what loads of sh*t! this guy is either day dreaming or he can't drive properly. the r33 should jump the front wheel drive car everytime! stop throwing crap on the general discussion section, go discuss it with your IMAGINARY FRIEND with the IMAGINARY VTEC civic.

and yes, someone close this stupid thread.

Edited by BaysideBlue

VTEC is for low-end power... owns at the start but in the high RPMS... VTEC is weak
spool of Honda's legendary VTEC engine
the engined dubbed "RACE BREAD" emerges from the ages and dominates
Your thoughts and analysis on this would be good...

EVIL TD

................................ :blink:

My thoughts are that I have NEVER read a bigger load of pure shit in my life!

Edited by r32line

oh scathing u poor thing....u don't have a loved one do u? no g/f? no wife? a virgin yes? uv'e never had any type of satisfaction except for havin a piss and moan about posts on this forum...hahah, u loser

In all the replies you've come back with, none of them have called me wrong with any kind of justification why. All you do is constantly crap on about shit that has nothing to do with anything. Going on about love lives now? I guess you're not a basketballer, you're Adam Selwood.

Anyway, you can't deny that you're full of shit, and yet you're trying to call me a loser. If you ever got anything right your insults might actually hurt me, but since its quite obvious to everyone that you probably couldn't even tie your shoelaces on the first attempt it doesn't really bother me.

So yeah, keep going on about how you want a guy to suck you off. It says more about you than it does about me.

In all the replies you've come back with, none of them have called me wrong with any kind of justification why. All you do is constantly crap on about shit that has nothing to do with anything. Going on about love lives now? I guess you're not a basketballer, you're Adam Selwood.

Anyway, you can't deny that you're full of shit, and yet you're trying to call me a loser. If you ever got anything right your insults might actually hurt me, but since its quite obvious to everyone that you probably couldn't even tie your shoelaces on the first attempt it doesn't really bother me.

So yeah, keep going on about how you want a guy to suck you off. It says more about you than it does about me.

hey dickhead, hows it goin?

Now Rezz has posted the RIGHT way...he has posted in a constructive way, he hasnt shown proof if RB means anything but atleast he's posted in a civilised manner.

If u go bak and read my earlier posts Scathing, u'll read that i said RB 'COULD' mean Race Bred. at no time did i say it was absolutely true or that i had found a factual source, so im not sure why u getin so worked up with my intital posts wen all i said is that RB 'COULD' mean race bred since no one can find any credible sources.

So Scathing, get a life and...........suck my 10 foot dick :P