SAU Community

Fastest Track Going Gtr's In Au

Was that last Sunday's Driver Training Day? A friend was hoping to make that in his new E30.

That is crazy quick...now i need to turn up to a BMW day to see the car in person as it is now doing times comparable to fully blown race cars.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is quick, but there is another E36 in the workshop that should be far more impressive. Its fully stripped, caged, big brakes, M3 GTR bodykit, etc etc.....and it will have a turbo'd Sam Markov developed engine (still the 6 cyl) somewhere in the 700hp area. Should be interesting to say the least.

Another update on the SM Motorsport M3.....now has done 1.27.30 around Winton!!!!!! This was on new tyres and measured with a Performance Box.

Must have been those new swaybars I made for Sam :thumbsup:

Cheers

Gary

• 1 year later...

Wouldn't most of these GTRs have turn out for the past Superlaps?

I reckon in NSW from what I have seen is Bright R32 GTR, Burgess R32 GTR, Duncan's R35 and Stuart Inwoods R33 GTR has the goods

I also find that these GTR's only do super sprints,Time attacks,drive days..

Is grid racing really that scary? Why dont any of the awesome GTR's do grid racing (besides Inwood's R33) How insane would Marks R34 Carbon R34 be in a grid race...

Maybe it's just me but I want to step up to that next level of adrenalin motorsport fun...

well don't forget the BSM GTR....they have won NSW production car and improved production titles, and the national improved production title in thier gtr, and it is now being setup for sports sedans (has already raced with a top 5 finish).

But yeah if you want to look at GTRs that have raced (door to door) in NSW I only know of:

BSM 32 GTR (originally prod car, then ipra, now sports sedan, about 4 seasons)

Brad's 32 GTR (sports sedan, mra, 2 seasons)

Stu Inwood's 33 (Irace, 1 or 2 races)

Mark's 32 (production car, 1 season)

my 32 (production car, 3 seasons)

roadrace's 32 (production car, previously peter conroys car, 1 or 2 races)

SSS/Geoff Fear's 32 GTR (irpa car, now owned by fernando but not raced since, 1 season)

that's it. the only 7 skylines in NSW that have done door to door racing. as for why not more....dunno!??! I love it! And plenty of people spend way more than me on cars that have never raced. wierd.

Oh whoops I forgot about "those" GTR's and yours Duncan..I thought they were talking about the stupid Quick GTRs around Oz....Lofty should be in a league of his own LOL

It's great to see a GTR's launch off the line in a racing field...I still have memorys of yours Duncan in a IPRA meeting..Best thing I have ever seen is a GTR launch when the lights go out and carve up the field into turn 1...Think that was a day/night meeting also :D:P

haha yeah that was great fun, the day night race meeting last year. I started 6th and was 2nd into turn 1 having overtaken 4 sports sedans :P we even warned the sports sedan in front that I would come past up the outside and they laughed. lol. day night meets are great, I'm really going to miss oran park.

• 2 weeks later...
Sam Markov runs in IPRA

sorry, but unless he is running 2x32mm intake restrictors and is therefore limited to about 250awkw, he has ignored the most important IPRA regulation - the one that makes it almost impossible to be competitive.

his car would make a great sports sedan though, it's a shame has hasn't given it a real crack because I would love to see how competitive it could be.

Bradnster's GTR is the king of competative GTR's

There is no arguing that. What they have acheived with that car, or those 2 cars is incrediable.

The berry/newman 32 was very sucessfull at what it did but I have nothing but respect for the brandster guys and what they did with cars less than ideal for the category.

Duncan and I have always spoken about and I still beleive almost anyone would struggle to get he same results they have/do.

sorry, but unless he is running 2x32mm intake restrictors and is therefore limited to about 250awkw, he has ignored the most important IPRA regulation - the one that makes it almost impossible to be competitive.

Twin Turbos are stuck with 2x 27mm restrictors.

Can win with restrictors.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes 27mm they are :D

I ran with Lofty in the BSM GTR's and the record's speak for themselves regarding IPRA.

I don't think his Eastern Creek lap record will ever be broken and his record will stand at Oran when it shuts ;)

Edited by Bozman1