SAU Community

Forester Sti

muck

wow. just saw one here in singapore....... farken awesome looking ride.. much better looking in the flesh than the tv / magazines portrait....

i wonder why we suburu australia dont import these....... would definately be on my next car shortlist.. :P

only THE sexiest wagon, even better than a stagea

there is also a US company that specializes in teh suspension and power of these bad boys

Subaru_Forester_STI.jpg

forestersti05_01.jpg

0006.jpg

its beggggging for a top grill intercoler and bottom radiator

the white one looks schmick but not a fan of the blue/silver ones face, must be a different year model i am guessing?

and they all still have thae usual subaru shoe box look, gimme the stag for sleek lines any day of the year.

just my 2cents

horribly.

IMO

ive driven a WTX STI wagon, forester STI wagon, Lancer Evo Estate (that is frickin sexy)

and i think the stagea is a pig compared to them, but 3,000 VS 18-20,000

STagea has my vote

Evo Estate????

picsorban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, have you driven the mitsu Legnum wagon? I have been looking at them closely but they are pretty much an unknown entity over here.

like this..

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=9815

(yes, I am a complete and utter wagon tragic)

Evo Estate????

picsorban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, have you driven the mitsu Legnum wagon? I have been looking at them closely but they are pretty much an unknown entity over here.

like this..

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=9815

(yes, I am a complete and utter wagon tragic)

i am RIGHT there with you

i have a horrid wagon fetish.

THe legnums from what i hear are great, but imagine workign on a Z32 or 3000GT....the engine bay is a horrrible area. for that fact alone i woudlnt get it, and i am a mitsu fanatic

evo estate

lance_evo_ix_wagon.MainPar.0001.Image.gif

Evo 9 Wagon is the shit. It's essentially the same as an Evo 9, but no Active Yaw Control.. Apparently the extra 80kg's over the rear wheels from the body helps the rear end to grip.

Also helps the rear end to slide out more.. and without AYC, it can do so for a while ;)

yeah the STi forester is amazing.. i would have considered getting a GT or XT if they didnt have glass diff's ;)

Thats why they have a warning light for rear diff temperature. Also try SIX sets of rear wheel bearings.

Forester, the WORST car I have ever bought.

Parts are friggin expensive. Try $680 for a coil pak, $40+ for a plug lead. Localdealer wanted $1100 to fit new timing belt.

Incidently, Mrs66 drove it most of the time, only went offroad once.

i did see a silver stag in the long term car park at the airport.. whos is it own up!?

also did see a legnum there also... and i must say ... it photographs well.. but the rear end on the legnum is hideously ugly.....

Thats why they have a warning light for rear diff temperature. Also try SIX sets of rear wheel bearings.

Forester, the WORST car I have ever bought.

Parts are friggin expensive. Try $680 for a coil pak, $40+ for a plug lead. Localdealer wanted $1100 to fit new timing belt.

Incidently, Mrs66 drove it most of the time, only went offroad once.

my best mates brother just got a brand spanking new XT forester, when the clock hit around the 17k mark the rear diff blew. replaced the rear diff and center bearings. Iv got about 3 or 4 other mates who have experienced driveline problems in both WRX and forester. all Subaru’s technology is under engineered and too primitive compared to what all the other companies have been doing.. i mean the EJ has been in production for that long its ridiculous. also, the foresters only have a R160 diff, they could fit in a handbag!

Apparently Toyota is set to buy out Subaru in the very near future.. it will be interesting to see what comes from this

Edited by Brycey

the forester sti is pretty kickass. Apparently faster than a wrx sti in certain forms in a straight line. Unfortunately the Stagea is the slowest wagon, even legnums are faster. Legnums are more common than stags over here, mechanically the stagea is stronger by miles.

Nissan's have always been very conservative in stock form.

Even the GT-R's, although relatively fast and responsive, are still far from running at their peak performance.

Just a thought, how would stagea's compare to the above list when modified to reach their full potential on stock internals (eg. you can get at least 50% more power out of them without severely impacting long-term reliability and driveability).

The mechanical weaknesses I hear so often regarding subaru's would put me off for life!

plus i've never been a fan of suv's - maybe that will change one day...but for now i'm happy with the stagea.

Edited by pixel8r