SAU Community

Forester Sti

muck

all this talk about speedy wagons .........

down at the pet shop was buying cat litter......... you wouldnt believe.. evolution estate parked out of the front...... farkkkkk.. photos dont do that thing much justice either.... i left my camera in melbourne.. because.. well. its singapore.. hahahah someone shouldve told me......

parked infront of that was a gallardo..............

might add a evo estate onto my list of wanted now also...........

cant stop dribbling....

oh shit what are you guy's on ......forrester,legnum,.......tried & tested performance friendly nissan rb, c'mon really yeh buy a xt/gt for your missus...legnums not much on the market to play with & a suss g/box....line the 3 up i go stagea, you tell me what you'd rather park your bum in???

front bias awd - pfft...

i dont care if it handles/performs better...

its gotta be rear-bias and made by nissan...and with a turbo....and a RB engine is a plus...and ATTESA is awesome...

i could go on ;)

^^^ Dont agree. I prefer the RB26.

As far as competing in racing goes a stagea needs an arseload of weight reduction in 4wd form.

16-1700kg just doesnt turn that well compared to 12-1500kg cars.

My RWD stag feels heavy enough already without another 100kg for 4wd.

I looked around and at different wagons when I bought the Stagea.

I talked to a number of guys I know who own Subarus. They all have the same problems - diffs, big ends, oil leaks and turbos.

The Legnum looks good, has good power, but the gear box (tiptronic) is shit! I know a number of mechanics who have worked on them and they all say that the Legnum/Galant gearbox just randomly stuffs out no matter how you service it, and then costs you an arm and a leg to repair/replace.

I decided on the Stagea because of known reliability, good build quality, size, price and the fact that every wagon here in NZ is a friggin' Subaru or Legnum (think for yourself, be an individual, people!)

The Evo wagon is nice, fairly pricey though, and hard to find.

Other wagons I looked at were Mitsubishi Libero (GSR wagon), Nissan Cefiro (front drive) and Nissan Primera.

I guess we are lucky here in NZ with the range of imports we can just walk into the car yard and buy, no waiting for the boat to come in.

On another note relating to reliability, the Nissan CVT gear box in late model Primeras and Maximas is pretty good. But if it does stuff out, it's NZ$13,000 to replace! I was told that by a Nissan mechanic when we were talking about it while I was waiting for my Stagea to be serviced at the dealership. I couldn't believe it, NZ$13,000 is more than some of the cars it's fitted to are worth!

front bias awd - pfft...

i dont care if it handles/performs better...

its gotta be rear-bias and made by nissan...and with a turbo....and a RB engine is a plus...and ATTESA is awesome...

i could go on :rolleyes:

YEP YEP YEP . Factory 5 turns em out LIVE>

I go to the Nissan Dealership (not the dealer I bought the Stagea from) to get the Stagea serviced because I have a mechanical warranty which requires me to get the Stagea serviced/repaired at a licenced service centre.

The closest one is the Nissan Dealership, which also gives me a good discount because I'm in the armed forces.

Once the warranty finishes, I will service/repair the Stagea myself.

The warranty has already saved me over NZ$2500 when I burnt some valves due to the turbo overboosting (wastegate stuck).