Hicas Lockbars - Ready To Be Shipped!

NV N01

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do these bars do?

Hi there,

They replace the rear steering rack, present in hicas model cars..

Locking the rear wheels like a non-hicas car..effectively eliminating the rear wheel steering..

Increasing handling at higher speeds :(

Regards,

Sherwin

Hi there,

They replace the rear steering rack, present in hicas model cars..

Locking the rear wheels like a non-hicas car..effectively eliminating the rear wheel steering..

Increasing handling at higher speeds :(

Regards,

Sherwin

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt HICAS there to improve handling?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt HICAS there to improve handling?

I was under the belief that Hicas was there to help with parking?

It was only supposed to activate at speeds around 20km/hr etc. for when you are in carparks..

But they have been known to leave the rear end feeling loose during higher speeds.

Therefore, by replacing the rear steering pump with a lockbar, you stiffen the rear end by locking the wheels in place and this increases the handling at higher speeds.

But that is what I believe... like everything, opinions vary :(

Regards,

Sherwin

Umm my understanding is that Nissans' HICAS does not operate at low speeds, only at speeds over about 80kmh and with "X" amount of steering angle.. it is essentially an anti-noob device designed to induce understeer if you come too hot into a corner. Also as it only moves +/- 1deg it's not going to help with parking.

P.S. I'll be wanting one of these in a few weeks :(

Umm my understanding is that Nissans' HICAS does not operate at low speeds, only at speeds over about 80kmh and with "X" amount of steering angle.. it is essentially an anti-noob device designed to induce understeer if you come too hot into a corner. Also as it only moves +/- 1deg it's not going to help with parking.

P.S. I'll be wanting one of these in a few weeks :)

Yeah no worries.. and thanks for clearing that up for me..

:(

ahhh..

i thought this as well. Activating at above 80km/h

But i thought it was to help with the handling...not to induce understeer -.-;;;;

Understeer is a much less dangerous form of loss of traction than oversteer for the inexperienced driver, so therefore it does help for more experienced drivers.