SAU Community

Egt Lamp Keeps Coming On!

wind1

I'm pretty sure that it is just the standard ecu, the light is inconsistent flashes too.

Maybe if the car had a different ecu in it when it came from japan and had been removed incorrectly, could this be a problem?

also happens if your cat temp sensor has been removed but the dude that did it has left part of the wiring where it can contact and earth out on the car body. this causes the warning light to come on.

Just had a look at the cat and under the seat and it all looks to be connected OK. Haven't looked in the ECU yet to see if anything looks loose. The temp sensor looks pretty rusty though don't know if this would affect it.

I was just reading through the service manual and the EGT lamp is used in conjunction with the ECCS self diagnosis system so what it's flashing is actually a fault code from the ECU. I pulled the ECU out and put it into test and sure enough the lights both flash 55 for normal systems.

I just need to go for a drive now and see what the code is while running.

Explains why it was so inconsistent.

slide your hand under the car, where the EGT probe goes into the cat, grab ahold of the cable, give it a gentle pull TOWARDS the cat (So that you'd be pulling cable from the car towards the cat)

You might find that it's cut, like mine is.