SAU Community

Stagea Suspension/coilovers

Im most likely importing an rs four soon...

~$12500 on road with 91k on the odo, black leather, pretty stock, dual sunroof. grade 4.

so i think its an alrite deal, let me know if u think otherwise.

but to my point....

i have little/no knowledge about their suspension.

and they tend to ride too high for my liking when stock.

are there coilovers that can fit in them..

ive been thinking of example like the s13 and c33/a31 compatiblity.

is there a model that will work...skylines perhaps?

any advise and info is appreciated.

cheers boys

Sydneykid has a group buy for stagea specific suspension gear, of which everyone whom I have seen buy it, likes it.

Here is some general info on Stagea Suspension:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=53079

Here is the group buy thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=85592

Have you read the suspension thread

It is a sticky at top

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=53079

Bascially for a 4wd Stagea the front are 33GTR and the rears are R33GTST on auto stagea's and the manual stagea has different rears again with a fork at the bottom of the strut

As the Stagea is heavier than a GTST in the rear, you will need springs rates too suit.

Best get Stagea specific coilovers and springs

japan yahoo auctions is your best bet if your looking at coilovers but with a tight budget.

my rs4 is sitting on stock shocks with tein s-techs..lowers the car by about 1.5inches and is a decent ride...less body roll and slightly firmer than the stock setup...but not harsh at all.

Grant ....I know this isnt the for sale forum so I wont throw the rule book at you :) ...but mind stating a price??

now...600.00

my new coilovers just came in, so these are comming off this weekend

silkroad is rebuildable, with the 12/10k springs its slightly firm, but still forgiving adn not uncomfortable on 2-3 clicks all around

all teh way soft, id say it was softer than another one i rode in with stock suspension

im getting rid of them becuase hte front doesnt go as low as i want to, so i had a set of custom coilovers made so i can even it out and run a higher springrate.....i got hte new ones revalved to match 18/16 springs.

Word of warning to Aussie buyers - 12/10kg springs would be a nightmare on our shitty roads.

I don't wanna cut you down and deny you a sale, Grant, but the roads you experience in Japan and what we get here in Australia are very different, and I'd hate to have such high spring rates on a car here.

i have athe 10/8 springs as well....

but in all honestly, if your not really looking for real performance (not to say the whitelines dont do that) then dont buy coilovers, they are inherently stiffer, not as comfortable

to me performance > comfort. thats why i dont mind higher springrates adn stiffer valving.

some might hate it, but i build cars that i take on the track when they are done regularly, and i dont mind compromising a little comfort for more handling.

but thats just me

Does someone wanna explain to a suspension n00b like me exactly what the numbers mean anyway?

And Grant, you have to see Australian roads to believe them, we haven't evolved much past wagon trails in most of this country.

They're spring rates, Dale - for example, 10kg/mm means it takes 10kg of force to move the spring 1mm.

The higher the spring rate, the harder the springs are, and (combined with the effort of the shocks) the stiffer the ride will be...

but in all honestly, if your not really looking for real performance (not to say the whitelines dont do that) then dont buy coilovers, they are inherently stiffer, not as comfortable

That is not entirely true

I have a set a tein "coilovers" esp made for the Stagea. They are the "wagon" model, not the heavier HA models.

They come with 4kg front and rear springs, which are a long way from 10/12 or even 8/10's

The 4kg springs are approx 25% heavier than the factory spring, which is similar to what SK uses in his kits

I had 8/10 in my R33 and it was a pain in the arse and not traction

I changed back to 5/7 and it was alot better.

4k??!?!?

you cant be seriuos, on the highway when i hit dips at my height it scrapes with the 12k/10k at about 140KPH

4k would bury it into the ground....thats like....less KG than stock.....

and HAs are no better than whitelines...still single way adjustable wiht only preload....not height as well

basically

as a rule of thumb

in number of adjustments and potential performance advantage due to number of adjustments (for track use or whatever you want)

http://www.silkroad-jp.com/section/a8.html

image_r1_c1.jpg

what is have (in adjustbility wise)

is better than

ba-ek.jpg

which is better than

nismo_suspension.jpg

which is better than stock

on the highway when i hit dips "AT MY RIDE HEIGHT" with the 12k/10k at about 140KPH

4k would bury it into the ground....thats like....less KG than stock.....

Arh stock IS less than 4kg

Not everyone wants their car that low it scrapes on the ground, and if you think a "drift" setup is a good handling car, you have a lot to learn

Every mod you are doing to your suspension is to make the your car be unsettled as much as possible to get it to drift in a controlled manner. Not every ones wants thier car to be uncomfortable ie 16/18kg springs and 215 tyres on 9/10 inch rims and have it slide around every corner.

So next time you post a reply, consider what the actual person wants and what thier needs are.

but still, if i were to raise it even two inches, and use anything less than 8k all around, there would be so much bodyroll it wouldnt do any good.

might as well get lowering springs then...and THEN with a 3 inch exhaust, due to the lack of stiffness, the exaust would drag

only reason i can be as low as i want to is becuase i have a presubframe dump.

and he never said what he needed it for

you guys can show the normal stuff, i can show the higher end track type coilovers that give you more adjustment..thats all

and i know id hate it if i had anythign less than a 10k 8k setup personally

\

but regardles of what you get

try and get something with both preload and height adjustment like the first set i posted....much better choice