SAU Community

Idle Help

cam32

hey guys i am not too familar with skylines yet, just bought an r32 but i would like some help. My idle is crappy, like in the mornings it hates starting and wen it does start it stays at very low revs and u have to keep ur foot on the gas for a little bit for it to stay running then it will go no worries wen it fires up properly. Someone suggested re-setting the idle motor. I know theres a process u have to go through to do that? would anyone be able to help with that? any help would be appreciated.

Cameron

This is common in r32's and skylines in general, if your not too engine savvy just take it to a mechanic and raise the idle, if the idle like 500rpm or below they splutter and jump around all over the place. Mine never used to be good but i got it raised to 700rpm and its much better. Another common reason they can idle like shit is the aac valve being dirty etc. If it is removed and thoroughly cleaned/greased etc and is like new it always helps the idle.

Hope that helps.

yeah it seems to be a common thing, shouldn't the idle be up wen its cold anyway coz mine isn't?? and i have been told its bad for the car if u try and start it with accelerator, its telling the ecu to put fuel in wen its not actually going, so they said u should not touch accelerator wen starting ecu cars....

yeah it seems to be a common thing, shouldn't the idle be up wen its cold anyway coz mine isn't?? and i have been told its bad for the car if u try and start it with accelerator, its telling the ecu to put fuel in wen its not actually going, so they said u should not touch accelerator wen starting ecu cars....
The word is WHEN FFS!

Now, back to your problem - check the Cold Start Air Valve, which is the torpedo sort of thing just underneath the throttle body. It is possibly jammed either open or shut (can't recall it's position at cold start).

who cares how u spell it.....u know wat i mean. Its not a spelling compition and yes i reckon i will check that valave out.....thanks for the help