SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

:D You don't have to drive slowly to get good economy mate.... just efficiently :)

although I guess it would be easier if you had that operation to remove the cinder block from your right foot :)

Edited by iamhe77

Well its going to be very interesting to see a before/after fuel econ for the Stagea after we get it Nistuned. Obviously we will running a bit more boost but the mix should be a bit leaner - so yeah, I really cant wait.

When I got my Nistune install and tune with the gcg hiflow (stock SMIC) I went from 130rwkw to 194rwkw and still get about the same distance to a tank - around 400-430kms. So yeah, I think it worked for me :D

Went down to nowra on monday mostly freeway driving I only got 570 out the tank and I still just under 10litres left wen I filled up best liters per hundred I got i think was 11.8

You have to learn to be lighter with the right foot Damo. LOL

Cheers

Andy

i was sitting at 250kms at exactly half way - nearly stock rs4s

mostly city driving too, was prob on the highway for 50kms

anyone know if there is a cheap replacement to the neo o2 sensor? like how u can use a falcon one for 33's

i dont really wanna pay $200 from kudos motorsport for a nissan one

Pretty sure they're the same; I used a Bosch part, can't remember what the part no. is (I'll have a look for it) but I just called Sprint and asked for the Bosch EGO sensor for an EF Falcon lol. Then cut & solder plugs. Sensor cost ~$70.

Edited by DaveB

anyone know if there is a cheap replacement to the neo o2 sensor? like how u can use a falcon one for 33's

You can use the falcon one - theres a thread on it in the DIY section.

Ah yeah that's right - this one

rad, i should have read on when i read it the first time

looks like my next purchase is gonna be one of those :)

cant wait

looks like 450kms from this tank hopefully (its been raining = mad sliding action)

• 2 weeks later...

my Stag (S2 RS4S) seems to do pretty good on the highway

a mix of 50/50 city/highway returned ~ 11.9L/100km (42.9L for 359km)

and a 20/80 city/highway split (although this included some squirts through the twisties near Berry/Kangaroo Valley) and my fuel guage was on the low side of the half indicator for ~ 300kms.

not bad if you can keep the right foot in check, lol

I got a genuine Nissan one off Ebay for something like $120 delivered about 18months ago. I don't mind paying that little bit more than the generic bosch ones as at least you don't have to cut the plug.

But I wouldn't be to worried about 250kms on 1/2 tank. Thats really not that bad at all would have to see what you got after the rest of the tank is gone.

I got a genuine Nissan one off Ebay for something like $120 delivered about 18months ago. I don't mind paying that little bit more than the generic bosch ones as at least you don't have to cut the plug.

But I wouldn't be to worried about 250kms on 1/2 tank. Thats really not that bad at all would have to see what you got after the rest of the tank is gone.

yeah, have emptied a couple of tanks now, 1st full take = 13.9 l/100, 2nd tank 13.4l/100 so im pretty happy

just got an ecutalk and it will show instant fuel consumption :rofl: and o2 voltages too - seems its getting a bit lazy

cruising at a constant speed of ~60 its getting close to 9l/100, yet to a bit of highway so im not sure what im doing at ~100kmh

is there much difference in economy between turbo and NA on a vq25?

Depends on how you drive.... but on the whole I would say there would be a significant different considering the VQ25dd is direct injection and runs a much higher compression than the VQ25det.

Edited by iamhe77