SAU Community

Just Got A New Motor In The Ceffy

hey there. i have a a31 cefiro, its my drift car, track only. recently blew the motor so i got another rb20 from nisswreck, the motor is getting put in as we speak and my old turbo and cams being put on and in. hks cams, cam gears, 25/30 turbo. fuel pressure reg. last dyno with the old motor with all that gear on it made 190rwkw on 17psi. the computer is chipped already from japan but i think it would be better to get it tuned for a different fuel? coz im sure they use sum crazy stuff over there.

just wondering what you can suggest i do next. it needs a better exhaust, and a remap i think and not sure what else engine wise to get it smoking nicely and most important of all, reliable.

cheers. luke

not so sure about the tune for fuel, they(jap tuners) usualy make it run a lil more rich shudn't be much of a problem,

pics of the ceffy?

specs on the ceffy?

or is dat all nd everything else is stock?

so u brought it in as track only under the race/rally law? if u did shud have just bought a ex drift car wit all da mods

yeh i dunno im thinking maybe the engine blowing over was coming all along and thats why it wasnt making much power? we will see how it goes with this new motor ( goes in this week)

dnt have any pics besides 1s of the previous owner driving it on track and only front sideways shots.

specs, umm its got a full roll cage, hicas lock bar, d2 coilovers all round, 2way lsd, front + rear strut brace, front mount, uras front bar, 17" wheels. nismo twin plate clutch + flywheel, fuel pressure reg, 2530 turbo, hks cams, cam gears. race seat, harness, guages. rolled front guards. adjustable castor rods, gtr fuel pump.

thats all i can remember off the top of my head. so yeah to ur comment i kinda did buy a ex drift car ( was brought over from japan with no front end (motor, bar, lights guards etc etc.) thats what i got told by the previous owner (he had it for a few months in adelaide).

so whats next engine wise.

Edited by drumaddict

lol drift shop is sponsoring every1 :happy: .... wheres mine :thumbsup:

u still sponsored by them or was this just da old owner?

how much did u end up paying 4 da ceffy if u dont mind?

u dont realy need anything else, just get heaps more practice

i say get a tune so you know it isnt just gonna do the same thing again, protect you investment in a way :(

also sorry to hijack but im lookin at chuckin a 2530 on my rb25, what should i expect power wise?

goodluck mate hope you end up with a reliable package

yeh well its already blown 1 box. i bought it with a blown box so yeh i put another 1 in. see how we go. if it blows another ill go a 25 box or a easier clutch lol, whatever my pocket can afford.

yeh i was thinking just a tune to make sure its all good. what do you guys think of bee r rev limiters? are they bad for the engine in anyway or turbo as there is plenty of combustions happening behind the turbo.

i rly think the car is pretty much good until i get alot more practice and get smoother and more comfortable, then bigger rears to get me speed and more power will definately be on the agenda.

what do you guys think of bee r rev limiters?

not worth it unless its a full on promo car for a business

they will burn ur cat rite off

At least a re-map... Unless you can acquire a drum of toluene.

Fuel pump. Then metal head gasket, GTR or 13B injectors, Z32 AFM and up the boost.

Well something along those lines anyway..

Edit: Of course will make more sense to do injectors etc before the tune to save dollerzizz

Edited by Drift_Limo