SAU Community

R33 Gtr Wheels On R33 Gtst

Seems like such an obvious question which would have been answered before, but I failed @ search.

My new 33 GTST looks to be fairly stock height, maybe 20mm lowered, and I don't plan on lowering it further. Just wondering whether 33 GTR wheels will rub the guards, or stick out much, or affect handling, etc.? The ones I'm looking at buying have 245/45/17 tyres on front and 265/40/17 tyres on rear, would be nice to keep em.

Anyone done it?

Cheers!

Hi,

I've had R33 GTR rims on my R33 25T and they fit fine.

Cant quite remember but i dont think they stick out, or if they did it still looks really good.

Only problems i had was that they rub the inside of the tire well at full lock, this is an easy fix as you can just rivet the panels back (they are quite flexible).

I only had them on for a test fit and i didnt actually take them out for a proper drive so i cant tell you if they will hit anything else when you go over a bump etc.

They have 245/40/R17 on them.

I now have a set of 17"x9" offset 22 with 225/40/17 and these do rub on the back when i go over a bump too fast

I've had 33 gtr rims on my gtst for a few months now.. 245/45 tyres all round..

the offset is perfect - the wheels dont sit inside, but at the same time dont stick out.

on full lock however the front tyres do rub against the inner guards. its not too serious though, if you changed to 225 or 235s on the front it would fix it.

ive also had to roll my rear guards - my car is fairly low, less than a finger gap between tyre and guard and it would scrape when i accelerated