SAU Community

Pics Of New Kit And Respray

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post some pics of the car now its back from DMD. I can't recomend these guys enough. I dropped the car off to them on the Friday, Monday was a public holiday here in QLD and I had the car back by 1pm the following Friday. They were very good on price. If anyone wants to know PM me as I don't want to give anyone false ideas on quotes. But considering I had them fit the kit and repair heaps of other things from descent size dings and scratches right up to the little stuff and some rust under the mirrors. They even put little mesh inserts in the gills on the side skirts. There was a good portion of the car that would have had to be sprayed to blend it all I'm guessing. I was so surprised to get it back when I did, all polished (then it fu*king rained before I could even get it out of their driveway, shouldn't complain about rain though :rofl: ).

The pics dont' do it justice and the kit (which AMS supplied, again at a good price) lined up perfectly and there are no nasty gaps or anything. But incase you were wondering whats with the big strip of masking tape going from the wing to under the hatch door. The next day after I picked it up I noticed the wing was pretty crooked, but I took it in today with out booking it in and they got a couple of guys onto it straight away while I waited. Took about 30mins and the tape is just holding in place till tomorrow when I can pull it off again.

Now it just needs some wheels (the stock ones really let it down) but I'm pretty sure I know what I want and they'll have plenty of dish.

post-26232-1179110219_thumb.jpg post-26232-1179110270_thumb.jpg post-26232-1179110384_thumb.jpg post-26232-1179110516_thumb.jpg post-26232-1179110593_thumb.jpg

looks bloody fantastic.

one day in the upncoming years we'll clean up our Stagea, but for now its neat enough.

(fix rear bumper crack, refit skirts, cleanup scratches and dings, minor respray)

Very nice :)

If they good at blending paint colours...then I might get them do around my mirrors. Nothing like positive feedback from others!!

The blending is perfect. I've had a look in as many different lights as possible since I got it back and I can spot any difference. They did one of my mirrors too. Again perfect blending. Plus for a pretty high profile and well known workshop it was refreshing to see how helpful and friendly they were. Considering some of the cars they had in there where the owners would have been spending thousands of dollars (there is a series 6 rx7 getting r34 gtr taillights fitted :D for eg.) I didn't expect to be that much of a priority. The only reason I went with them is that I had to pick the car up from there and decided to get a quote. After expecting a stupid high quote I was really surprised, and even more when I had the car back within a week inc. a public holiday. And it looks like I'll be getting my wheels through them too as they offered a discount when I decide what I want.

i like the rear

but the vents on the side, and the fact the rear is lower than the front throws me off

and something is missing on the bumper...but i cant put my hand on it

But honestly, it looks good.

get yourself some 17 or 18x9s +15ish offsets and it woudl be AWESOME