SAU Community

Idle At 100k

rpms

hey guys i have an 97 stagea and im wonderig what the norm is for idleing on the highway? at around 100 to 110ks mine sits on 3 grand.... just seems to high.... feels like the auto needs to drop back.

have had it to the auto shop and hooked it up to the scanners. everythings doing what it is supposed to. was told that it could be the tps switch that might need adjusting. adjusted it in increments to no success. weird thing is it has an open centre in it?? thought it would run an lsd???

any other ideas.???

also the 4wd doesent work. havent even looked into this problem yet. where do i start????

i have the same

well.. i think i said somewhere it was like 2700 or somethin gliek tat

the horrible part is my idle sitting there is 1400

and i cant figure out how to dial it back

Yeah at 100kph I sit on 3100rpm. But mine is manual, and yes I have it in 5th :(

And how do you know the 4wd doesnt work? Also are you sure you have a 4wd model or a rwd model?

17inch 235/45 17" Hankook Ventus K101 tyres on R34 rims

Auto in 4th gear at 100 kmph (highflow turbo, mods etc) is roughly 2400 - 2500 rpm

* edited 16/5/07

do a search in the general automotive section, I remember seeing a DIY in there about reseting idle and it had something to do with an air bleed on the plennum.

Mine (was) at 2500 - 2600 at 100kph and I have 17" on 45 series and a stock as a rock auto.

forgot to mention im running 235- 19s on mine. has the 4wd gear in it tho when we ran it up on the dyno we didnt have to disengage the 4wd as we did it on a 2wd dyno

thats a real worry - has the attessa pump got any fluid in it?

It may just need bleeding, but I would have a close look at it if I were you. Running the pump and/or transfer case dry (if that is the problem) can get very expensive. Usually, the only way to get a stagea to run in RWD only is to drop the front driveshaft out - the old "just pull the 4WD fuse" doesn't really work and can actually cause damage if left like that.

Mines auto and sits just on 2500. Worked out it does just on 40k/1000 when the converter is locked up. Am running 17"

225/50/17 Federal595'

Just a further on this.

I got wacked twice for "exceeding the speed limit" but concluded the checking methods were suss. No charges.

I run a general rule, 10, 20, 30, 40 kph/1000rpm in 1st, 2nd 3rd OD. Around the Mountain (town) I now popthe OD to OFF.

Keep to 2000 and no dramas. Thats what I do.

It is interesting to see that there is quite a difference between various owners. you would have to check on the final drive ratio

and the actual diameter of your wheels to see exactly where each vehiclewas at. And if auto that the converter actually does lock up.

My old RMR30 (used to) did 50k/1000, locked up. Couldn't get her started for her final triptoday. I think she knew.

She used to peak about 4250. But the RMR30 were a very slippery vehicle and had one of the lowest coefficients of drag

factors of most cars of its time. It is what made them fast, not quick, fast.

So there are a lot of factors that govern the revs/km. All aspects have to be taken into consideration.

Owning a NIssan is such fun. I have five. Well four after today.

mine is 2400rpm at 100kph

2500 at 110kph

yeah, dunno what I was thinking with 2800

thats utter BS

same as above, 2400 at 100kmph flat road, bit of incline gradient its around 2500

lol