SAU Community

Trubo choice?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rob77

ben ellis has gone for a GCG turbo for his r34.

But his first choice was a Jap setup, but he quoted over 10K for a RX6 or 3037 kit and decided it was too dear, so it would appear he hasnt heard of greenline or FVEJ...:P

All I can say is Ben, I didnt compromise, I got the 3037:p and all up fitted with HKS wastegate, manifold and all associated pipework, ceramic coating and braded lines it will be under 6k.

Rob, have you spoken to the guys at Per4manz Turbochargine - they were doing packages fully fitted for 5k about a year ago - pretty sure they were very capable of the sort of power you are after.

the gt30 seems very popular for the garret turbos. The gt35 is far to big for street. You can however get places like ray hall to change the front and rear wheels so your turbo does spool up sooner.

going for a custom job means that you get exactly what you want.

Going for a brand name you cant really go changing it as it isn't really worth it, as the cost u pay is a fare bit.

and remember you got for the garret turbo over the name brand you are getting it brand new, not second hand.

i'd also like to know what the gt30 goes like on a rb25

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by -Joel-

rob over at www.horsepowerinabox.com they have GT30 500hp units for $2300 with a T3 flange.

Has any one got any experience with these on the RB25 i.e where they make full boost etc?

with that 1 u need to buy adaptor plate, ext wastegate and oil line kit!

Originally posted by Steve

But his first choice was a Jap setup, but he quoted over 10K for a RX6 or 3037 kit and decided it was too dear, so it would appear he hasnt heard of greenline or FVEJ...:)

All I can say is Ben, I didnt compromise, I got the 3037:p  and all up fitted with HKS wastegate, manifold and all associated pipework, ceramic coating and braded lines it will be under 6k.

Rob, have you spoken to the guys at Per4manz Turbochargine - they were doing packages fully fitted for 5k about a year ago - pretty sure they were very capable of the sort of power you are after.

hi steve that is the exact setup i want 3037s hks manifold and gate, where did u get your kit from (greenline?)for under 6k and what figures is your car making ?

The greenline kit is nearly 7k, the rx6 kit is a bit cheaper (by about 1k). I actually got the turbo from www.fvej.com, also got a hks wastegate for 290aud second hand in perfect conditon.

The rest is being custom made. I was supposed to be putting the car in last sat to get it all done this week, but the guy is sick so I'll have to wait.

Wouldnt be able to get a proper power figure up for a while anyways, as I have a head gasket and cams coming from japan, but they are on back order, plus I have to get my injectors and fuel pump fitted and a tune, so it will probably be a while yet:(

If you hunt around, you can get the bits cheaper than buying a kit - still waiting for a final figure (dont like setting price for custom work until its over - that way you dont get corners cut:) ) I have been given a rough price though - acutally be closer to 5 than 6 fitted - so you can save a quid.

With regards to fitting a GT30 500hp Unit on a RB Motor.

It normally comes off the shelf with a big comp cover and an externally ‘gated exhaust housing BUT….

I can do it with a .63 integral wastegate and a TO4B .60 comp cover that is a bit smaller. It will then all bolt on to your manifold and all is sweet.

Price is $2695.

If your interested I have been selling a lot of GT28’s with bigger (500hp) comp wheels fitted, these come integrally ‘gated and will be more responsive due to the smaller turbine wheel than the GT30. I have adapter kits to go from T25/28 to T3.. pic attached. Flange adapter kit is $150, GT28 500hp hybrid is $2295.

As I am chasing a turbo for my RB30 soon this is the reply I received from Tim @ Horsepowerinabox.

Joel, for a 3 litre, these turbos (from Per4manz in WA) have been used with huge success on 2jz motors, and very good on rb25 too. I would have got one if my 3037 didnt come up at the right price :) Basically a GT35 with GT30 turbine housing, externally gated

Most of the turbos we use come on boost @ 3-3500rpm for the serious hp applications or even sooner for street combinations.

Last 2 rb25's that I have done have made 320hp @ 1 bar (std engine) and 400hp @ 1.3bar (modified) at the wheels.

Can only supply propriety compressor maps and these don't have much detail (surge limits & max flow only) The gt35s flow @ around 80% efficiency @ 1 bar depending on a lot  of variables

Cost of one of these is $2477 inc gst

Edit: those adaptors look like turbulence city

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Steve

Nope, sard.

from greenline with the collars?

those horsepowerinabox prices are preety good!

Guest INASNT

nope. i will prob end up getting the greenline ones! the horsepower ones r second hand anyway not new!

did simon give u a good deal of the injectors? i ordered my profec b spec from greenline already