SAU Community

Power Fc Tuning

MR 1 H8 2 B U

CRD were going to charge me $250, and kept telling me my car would have to be retuned, even though it was tuned perfectly just needed to have the boost controller setup...

Went to C&V told them it was tuned, told them all my mods etc etc... they tuned it... (took about 30power runs, was playing up a bit)... gave me dyno print outs... told me to take it for a drive to make sure i was happy then come back and pay them $150...

done and done :kiss:

CRD were going to charge me $250, and kept telling me my car would have to be retuned, even though it was tuned perfectly just needed to have the boost controller setup...

Went to C&V told them it was tuned, told them all my mods etc etc... they tuned it... (took about 30power runs, was playing up a bit)... gave me dyno print outs... told me to take it for a drive to make sure i was happy then come back and pay them $150...

done and done :kiss:

Sounds Good Thanx Champ :P

mr 1h82bu, I'm going to do you a favour. on the forum we expect a minimum level of coherent comunication. this is not a text message to your cuz. this is a question posted on a forum. spelling mistakes happen, poor grammar happens. lack of capitilization happens. BUT typing non-stop in this sms crap is going to mean you are in for a tough time on the forum, and eventually mods and admins will get sick of the conflict it (you) create and you'll get the boot. so please do us a favour and type in the best english you can muster. please.

would u care to share ur experience.. was it a bad tune ??? was it not wat u expected ? details plssss

After their 'tune' the car was pinging excessively during normal driving, which as you know can kill an engine - I took the car back to them two more times for no further improvement. (and no refund)

I live in the Blue Mountains so obviously this was a huge inconvenience.

I eventually took it to Ric Shaw who got running fine.

The last tune I had was Bel Garage (different car) and I was impressed with them. They do a road tune then finesse it on the dyno depending on what application you want it tuned for.

It is actually important that you decide what your application is and let the tunner know - if you get the car tuned for drags don't expect it to be happy in the traffic.

From the feedback on the forum over the past couple of years it seems CRD, the Hitman or Unigroup are the go.

i hpe i hve put ths in trms u kan undrstand

All these posts about tune...and you already wanna go there...GOOO..and good luck...:)

Muck F**k will be with you...

EUG.

Was asking for opinions . i dont think theres anything wrong with that....

By the way can you all read my english now.....

mr 1h82bu, I'm going to do you a favour. on the forum we expect a minimum level of coherent comunication. this is not a text message to your cuz. this is a question posted on a forum. spelling mistakes happen, poor grammar happens. lack of capitilization happens. BUT typing non-stop in this sms crap is going to mean you are in for a tough time on the forum, and eventually mods and admins will get sick of the conflict it (you) create and you'll get the boot. so please do us a favour and type in the best english you can muster. please.

You do a wonderful job, i think i love you :)

Was asking for opinions . i dont think theres anything wrong with that....

By the way can you all read my english now.....

yes... dear god thank you!

its nothing personal, i jst dun lyk hving a voce n mi hed sound lyk dis...

hope to see you out on a cruise sometime ;)

edit: and good luck with the tune! wish i was at that stage :)

C&V tuned my GTR and it went backwards . In my opinion steer clear .

If you dont mind me asking what was so bad about the tune ???

i am starting to think about getting the car tuned somewere else.. Bel Garage is like 5 Minutes away from my house all my friends have tuned there cars there too they havent had any problemss...

If you dont mind me asking what was so bad about the tune ???

i am starting to think about getting the car tuned somewere else.. Bel Garage is like 5 Minutes away from my house all my friends have tuned there cars there too they havent had any problemss...

Cam wheels were all over the place as were the fuel maps std cam rb26 with hks 2530's at 1.2bar on unigroup dyno car made 260rwkw and best time out at WSID I think was a 12.3@112-114mph and air temp about 16deg. So yeh pretty much not performing as it should gave it to Ben at Bel back out at WSID with 28deg air temp the car went 11.9@117mph on the first pass and then a few months later 11.6@119mph with a slipping clutch air temp that night about 20deg .

Rolled the car back up on the unigroup dyno it put down 300rwkw so yeh bit of a difference . I don't know who does the tuning at Bel now but Ben isn't there anymore but he does still tune and uses a dyno log dyno in the Gong . I haven't much to do with these things anymore but I might still be able to chase his number up if you like? .

Cam wheels were all over the place as were the fuel maps std cam rb26 with hks 2530's at 1.2bar on unigroup dyno car made 260rwkw and best time out at WSID I think was a 12.3@112-114mph and air temp about 16deg. So yeh pretty much not performing as it should gave it to Ben at Bel back out at WSID with 28deg air temp the car went 11.9@117mph on the first pass and then a few months later 11.6@119mph with a slipping clutch air temp that night about 20deg .

Rolled the car back up on the unigroup dyno it put down 300rwkw so yeh bit of a difference . I don't know who does the tuning at Bel now but Ben isn't there anymore but he does still tune and uses a dyno log dyno in the Gong . I haven't much to do with these things anymore but I might still be able to chase his number up if you like? .

Thank you.. if i need any further help i will pm u.. Thanks Alot :P

i on the other hand have a very good experiences, with c&v.

other than the excessive waiting hours on end, even sometimes not being able to get my car tuned,

but in the end, over approx a 3 year period i never had to change spark plugs,

my car has never ever pingend,

i made more power on low boost than expected, also with lazy timing and no cam gear timing.

they did exactly what i wanted.

all in all i guess it comes to who u personally trust

i on the other hand have a very good experiences, with c&v.

other than the excessive waiting hours on end, even sometimes not being able to get my car tuned,

but in the end, over approx a 3 year period i never had to change spark plugs,

my car has never ever pingend,

i made more power on low boost than expected, also with lazy timing and no cam gear timing.

they did exactly what i wanted.

all in all i guess it comes to who u personally trust

Yeah i figured there would be alot of mixed opinions, but its good to know the good and the bad ..

cheers guys for the help

• 2 months later...