SAU Community

3 Piece Wheels

hi im after some advice on what to use as a sealer inbetween the wheel centre and rim and a cleaner that may remove the soft silicone that i have scraped off thanks loren

Whats to explain?

3 piece rims have an inner, an outer and a center section.

The inner and outer sections have a flange and the bolts go through the 2 flanges and through the edge of the center section to hold all 3 bits together.

A leak through the bolt hole means that the sealant thats normally covering the joint has come away (probably due to age).

Personally Loren, i'd take the whole thing to a decent wheel repair place and tell them to re seal it as you will have to strip the tyre and possibly disassemble the rim to do it properly. If you're in Sydney try Morton and May at Warwick Farm.

Whats to explain?

3 piece rims have an inner, an outer and a center section.

The inner and outer sections have a flange and the bolts go through the 2 flanges and through the edge of the center section to hold all 3 bits together.

A leak through the bolt hole means that the sealant thats normally covering the joint has come away (probably due to age).

Personally Loren, i'd take the whole thing to a decent wheel repair place and tell them to re seal it as you will have to strip the tyre and possibly disassemble the rim to do it properly. If you're in Sydney try Morton and May at Warwick Farm.

Ive never seen a 3 peice wheel up close b4.

i had to do this with a set of rims i used windscreen sealant, but it is a pain in the ass job to do you have to strip the trye, dismantle the rim and clean all of the exsisting sealant off, the rim needs to be perfectly clean otherwise it will leak again, the truck i found was not to use huge amounts of sealent, after two attempts i got it to seal nicely