SAU Community

Anyone Used One Of These

still gunna have an uneven distribution... unless you pump a lot of air in there...

would love to get one, but wouldn't it be dangerous to your cylinders at the end? that get less air?

realistically, is there any danger?

yeah i was thinking the same. how do you know that it has been tested and each cyl gets the same flow ?

The thing is that if one cyl is leaning out all the time your going to pop it eventually.. I know of a car that had a brand new engine blow because of bad plenum design.. 7k down the drain.. If you plan on getting it tested yourself then it would be okay but get yourself a plasmaman for $100 more which has been tested and look great as well if you were going to go to that extreame.

I have a Stryder plenum which looks identical to that one suprisingly. Stryder are also located in bangkok.

Funny thing is i didnt think they were selling these any more but now different company makes them.

Experience with mine are all positive xcept for the warpped face flange, which meant i had to have it machined.

made an extra 15kw from this and a hks exhaust manifold. But power shifted from peak at 6400 to 7000 and curve is fatter .

Good quality welds and finish.

That's getting on the pricey side $875 delivered, for an unknown.

Wouldn't you want to pay just a tad extra and get the real thing? even 2nd hand?

How and where do you get these things flow tested byt the way?

And how much to do it?

Cheers :teehee:

i looked at these a while back, they look pretty good but iv been leaning more to getting one made and fitted to my stock runners.. if one is made up custom should i have to flow tested ?

You should have a look at the plazmaman ones that UAS have on their site (also mentioned earlier in the thread). They maintain the stock bottom runners.

keep the std one unless you want to go for big power

if you are always driving off boost i would get it flow tested cause you need to make sure each cylinder is getting equal amounts of air but once you start to make boost presure all the cylinders will get the same amount this has been talked about befor..

if you want somthing that is top qul then you need to spend the money

this is the one im using and all alot of people are now buying them they come form hypertune and i think they are the best on the market and they have dyno test to prove it

post-12272-1179731835_thumb.jpg

if you are always driving off boost i would get it flow tested cause you need to make sure each cylinder is getting equal amounts of air but once you start to make boost presure all the cylinders will get the same amount this has been talked about befor..

this is the one im using and all alot of people are now buying them they come form hypertune and i think they are the best on the market and they have dyno test to prove it

I didn't know hypertune made plenums for the rb25. I was under the impression they had ones for the rb26 only. Guess i will be checking that out at some point :blink:

That's getting on the pricey side $875 delivered, for an unknown.

Wouldn't you want to pay just a tad extra and get the real thing? even 2nd hand?

How and where do you get these things flow tested byt the way?

And how much to do it?

Cheers :blink:

hmm yeh but i mean 875 is still 400-500 in my pocket than 1300 if its been tested and im trying to find results here lol.... just the fact they say its been tested with even flow and looks shitloads better than the cheap cheap ones

this is the first 25 one hypertune have made i have seen the other ones they have made in use and seen the testing going into them so i got them to make me one it took about 3months so its not like they just slap somthing together they spend alot of time desinging them.

hmm yeh but i mean 875 is still 400-500 in my pocket than 1300 if its been tested and im trying to find results here lol.... just the fact they say its been tested with even flow and looks shitloads better than the cheap cheap ones

looks much better in design and workmanship then the other greddy copyies out there, plus it comes polished, where as the other ones are cast alloy

anywayz it looks good lol, but who knows if they perform good.....

would not worry about the air flow to cylinders... the way it is shaped looks good enough to me. tighter space at the rear than the front and as the air comes in it is forced to the back also.

Companies don't make these things without putting in serious thought and testing.

Usually this style of plenum as with a stock rb26 one causes more air to enter the rear cylinders. As for testing, i seriously doubt many companies do it properly, as the only way to do it is to put it onto a motor, and monitor the mixtures/ex temp of each cylinder at all different loads and rpm points. A flow bench wont replicate the real world, its like a dyno, only a comparative tool, as the flow bench cant replicate the pressure waves and so forth associated with running an internal combustion engine. In mt opinion the only way to make a perfect inlet manifold it would end up looking like an eshaust manifold with curved equal length runners which meet up at a common focal point facing the throttle body, and even then the throttle plate at lower angles would favour some cylinders. Some of the jap drift manifolds that use a remote throttle, with it piped to the centre of the tapered plenum look to be the closest that can be done.

Those Hypertune ones look good as , but my mate went there and got stuffed around for months , got lied to as well ( this is what he told me ) . He got a modded one done elsewhere with the neck out front , picked up 20 hp . Bet it flows the same as the hypertune one but for 1/5 th the price . Ill try and get a pick guys .

Ebay looks cool , but as they say looks good from far , but sometimes far from good . Greddy is cool to , but i think that it has the runners to short for street car . Laggy .

Edited by KW KING