SAU Community

New Drift Zine/mag

beauy

Hi my name is Beau Jones and after a bit of discussion on secretdrift about the topic of Drift Battle ending i and a few others have become super keen to start something up for the drift scene of Australia.

Now as a few of us were able to point out the negatives of DB so instead of dishing the dirt it is time to walk the walk and do something about making the best drift zine we can make.

My proposed plan is:

We have a group in each state consiting of a photographer(s), writer(s), artist ie; layout. and so on

with this each group can concentrate on their on state rather then a couple of us trying to travel around the country trying report everything.

I think such things should be included into the zine:

- featured cars (and not just the norm cars either)

- Tech articles

- Scene Reports

- Jap D1 results

- State reports

- Scene reports

- Character/Driver/Owner profiles

- Show reviews

- Part reviews (correctly tested)

I believe we try and keep the zine free to the reader and only charge a small fee to run ad's, depending on size and support from the business. This in turn (by theroy) pay for the running cost of the zine. Ie; paper, printing and so on.

Let me know what you think who is keen and what state you are from. of course i would like to have deep convos with people via msn, phone or in person.

People with great computer skills or great contact such as printing places, studios and what not should try and become involved as this will only make our sport grow.

Im looking for people from Sydney, QLD, VIC, SA, WA and of course TAS

thank you

add me if interested

[email protected]