SAU Community

2 X R32 Gearboxes + Shimmed Lsd

Hey all,

I have managed to collect 2 R32 gearboxes and need to get rid of them both.

Gearbox no1. is an RB20det box that came in my car when i bought it. and it has worn 2nd gear syncros. it will crunch if you change over 3500rpm from 1st to 2nd and from 3rd to 2nd. I tried redline lightweight shockproof in it and it made a bit of difference but still crunches. the bearings are still in good condition and the box did not whine at all. would be a cheap fix for a good condition box. $50

Gearbox no2. I bought this box off a forum member and was assured it was in excelent condition. it was most certainly not.....

from the day i put it in it made bearing noise. the syncros are all fine and it changes very smoothly but the bearings are completly shagged. when i drained the oil there was little bits of bearing in the oil :huh: MMMMM! once again if you put a set of bearings in it you would have a good box for cheap. $50

Make 1 good box out of 2 for $100 and have a spare gearset! Wooo Hooo!

Also have for sale a viscous LSD centre. only fitted to my car for about 3 months (mind you that includes 7 drift days Yikes!) it is for an R32 and will also fit an R33, S14 ect. it was starting to open wheel so it was removed and replaced with a 2 way more suited for drift duties. When i bought it it had only done 50odd thousand k's

I have removed it from the housing and the viscous centre, splines, spider gears and all are in excellent condition. I have 2 brand new shims from nissan ready to put in it and once done it will be super tight and should feel like a mechanical 1.5 way.

I also have a housing, pinion and backplate and crownwheel (entire diff - halfshafts) $100 for the lot :rofl:

All located in Canberra. will post the diff centre but not the gearboxes.

• 2 weeks later...