SAU Community

Firday Nite South Side Cruise

4dirty2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

over 20 coz i printed 20 maps an ran out so yeh was alrite an we drove bak tho crafers etc an all we found was a commo park on side of rd that wasnt a camera so yeh if was cop im screwed as the ppl that kept up are to. as for the cops in barker f*kIN champs haha couldnt hav met btr cops in a car park full of imports. resolt of cruise one screwed 180 an one defected rolla, other 2 rollas that got done already got it off was only for tyres

thanx to all that showed was a good nite i didnt go on with the cruise as one of the cops in barker got the cruise sheet an new wat rds we were goin on an was like theres only one reason u drv on that rd so yeh just headed bak hm after that

cheers dan

Sorry for the mixup on directions in my small late group, I couldnt understand 78 percent of that cruise sheet. no offence 4dirty, you did well in the time you had, I'm setting up a cruise in 6 weeks from today on a sunday, I hope you all attend (SAU exclusive).

Whoa sounds like there was a lot happening in different places on that cruise...

A few of us got lost (went down main rd instead of turning onto upper sturt rd) and had to backtrack a bit...but overall it was still a nice drive :stupid:

I definitely didn't see any speed camera flash so I guess thats good news (at least for the 3 of us).

I was following a nice black R33 and had a R34 GT-4 behind me. Even tho the 34 is n/a, he still managed to keep up through the twisties. Its still a 34, bet you love the fuel economy from the n/a!! :laugh:

Was good to meet a few more people from here too :D

BTW just a quick question - was anyone else's cars pinging at all in the FREEZING cold weather? mine pinged a bit as I floored it at the entry to the freeway going home (thats the only time it did it). The turbo/engine was absolutely loving the cold air but I'm not sure if it was pinging just cos it was cold or whether my boost controller may have spiked a bit...maybe both. My ignition timing is probably a little too optimistic?. Never had a problem any other time tho - this is the first time in the 3 months since it was tuned that I'd heard it, and definitely not the first time its been driven like that...but I've gotta say last night it felt quicker than it ever has...mmmm cold nights :(

I remember cubes said if its tuned in hot weather it will ping in cold weather and I think he may be right. Mine was tuned on a 35+ deg day.

Edited by pixel8r

Sorry for the mixup on directions in my small late group, I couldnt understand 78 percent of that cruise sheet. no offence 4dirty, you did well in the time you had, I'm setting up a cruise in 6 weeks from today on a sunday, I hope you all attend (SAU exclusive).

should be a wild 1 :stupid:

was a good cruise apart from speed camera (see my essays in the wasteland section for my 2c worth) and the 180 that crashed at the top of old belair rd --> i have this on video as he was only 2 cars in front!!!

Good to see some familiar faces (andz in the 34 gtr, and Hotwire in the 33) cant wait to put my coilovers in and head out for another one!!! maybe a bit of gorge rd action this time!!!

could u PM me your mobile or address or something, i have a day off monday, can come pick up your in-car camera dvd

of the cruise + crash

yeah, just got back.. speed camera was super anoying!!!! still not 100% sure it was one... but with soo many people spotting the flashes... grrrrrrrrr

hope it isnt a speed camera

your brakes echo really loud through the tunnel

Well that was eventful! The 180 that crashed was right in front of me (i was in front of Chris REdgtst) and he just went into the corner way too hot, locked it up at the last minute and headon into the rail :stupid: stopped to see if they were ok but the car was well McF**ked. Im guessing inurance writeoff or big fixup :laugh:

As for the Camera, can someone tell me EXACTLY where they thought it was? I went home via uppersturt rd and didnt see anything that resembled a camera, but I dont know if I saw a flash either :S

Here's hoping there wasn't.

Pixel8r: Chris said his car was pinging like crazy and he had to back a few degrees out the timing. He was on 95 fuel though because thats all he could get, but yes he had issues.

Paully, look forward to a sunday cruise (and a few less incidents!!)

Lee

Edited by Hotwire

haha yeh i was struggling to, did u guys end up making it up to around crafers? i saw the stagea and another skyline i think cruising past up there, tried to chase u but by the time i got out of the carpark i didnt see where u guys had gone.

Whoa sounds like there was a lot happening in different places on that cruise...

A few of us got lost (went down main rd instead of turning onto upper sturt rd) and had to backtrack a bit...but overall it was still a nice drive :)

I definitely didn't see any speed camera flash so I guess thats good news (at least for the 3 of us).

I was following a nice black R33 and had a R34 GT-4 behind me. Even tho the 34 is n/a, he still managed to keep up through the twisties. Its still a 34, bet you love the fuel economy from the n/a!! :P

Was good to meet a few more people from here too :P

BTW just a quick question - was anyone else's cars pinging at all in the FREEZING cold weather? mine pinged a bit as I floored it at the entry to the freeway going home (thats the only time it did it). The turbo/engine was absolutely loving the cold air but I'm not sure if it was pinging just cos it was cold or whether my boost controller may have spiked a bit...maybe both. My ignition timing is probably a little too optimistic?. Never had a problem any other time tho - this is the first time in the 3 months since it was tuned that I'd heard it, and definitely not the first time its been driven like that...but I've gotta say last night it felt quicker than it ever has...mmmm cold nights :O

I remember cubes said if its tuned in hot weather it will ping in cold weather and I think he may be right. Mine was tuned on a 35+ deg day.

that was me in the black 33 :ermm: we had our own little cruise going on for the most part haha. was good to meet u guys.

all up it was a good drive, was good to catch up with people agian! that cop in mt barker was funny as, if only more were like him. i would have liked to keep driving but had to bail as i had an early start this morning.

thanks for orgainising, Dan!

that was me in the black 33 :ermm: we had our own little cruise going on for the most part haha. was good to meet u guys.

all up it was a good drive, was good to catch up with people agian! that cop in mt barker was funny as, if only more were like him. i would have liked to keep driving but had to bail as i had an early start this morning.

thanks for orgainising, Dan!

that was me in the r34. first time through the hills in it. having the 4WD was good cause the back doesnt kick out around corners and good for taking off. but yeah good cruise.

for the part that i was on it was a good cruise i stoped breifly to see how the people in the 180 were so i missed the most part of the cruise then caught up in barker but had to leave from there

Edited by MR GTIR

Well that was eventful! The 180 that crashed was right in front of me (i was in front of Chris REdgtst) and he just went into the corner way too hot, locked it up at the last minute and headon into the rail :P stopped to see if they were ok but the car was well McF**ked. Im guessing inurance writeoff or big fixup :w00t:

As for the Camera, can someone tell me EXACTLY where they thought it was? I went home via uppersturt rd and didnt see anything that resembled a camera, but I dont know if I saw a flash either :S

Here's hoping there wasn't.

Pixel8r: Chris said his car was pinging like crazy and he had to back a few degrees out the timing. He was on 95 fuel though because thats all he could get, but yes he had issues.

Paully, look forward to a sunday cruise (and a few less incidents!!)

Lee

I had really bad pinging issues on the 95 octane fuel but managed to empty the tank by the time we got to mt barker (about half a tnak full) and put in some ultimate and didnt have any issues on the drive home to woodside. I ended up clearing out of mt barker pretty quick and taking a back route to woodside as i have bald as front tyres and some other stuff that i didnt want to defected for (if they are in a bad mood the mt barker police will do you over for anything!). In all a good cruise but would have been better if everyone stayed together (next time people should have CB radios-- they are only about $60 for two at tandy).

Andz will send you a pm with my details and try and get you a copy of the dvd containing last weeks cruise and this weeks cruise..... You have got to love the Ambleside road stage -- the whole 1 minute of it :(

I have got to admit there is some pretty dodgy commentry of mine on there!!! I was too busy trying to drive.

Man that sucks to hear, hope noone got busted! Sad I couldn't make it, was too tired after my day at work then got off my ass at about 10 tonight and serviced my car :P

Chris, you able to upload that video for us to take a look at? Alternatively, anyone got any pics of the crash?

Sorry videos are way too big to upload and i dont have any compression software... (+ my dial up here in the hills is way too slow). I am going to put a few of them on DVD and CD if anyone wants to grab a copy just give me a couple of bucks for the disk.

The midnight hills run clips from last week in the fog and the ones up gorge rd are probably the best ones... There are some pretty good slides in there :w00t:

lol I think I passed you guys as I was coming back out of the hills. :P

I drove back down through town and down anzacs to run in to a massive group of 20+ cars sitting on 40km/h and dragging off at every set of lights. lmao crazy buggers. Mini tubbed Sigma, turbo'd old yellow/faded rx3 or something rotor that went very very hard.

Anyone help with the camera location???

(as requested /\ )

see attached picture, i think it was along the straight circled in red, facing the direction of the blue arrow... anyone else confirm/deny this?? (this is where i beleive i saw a flash)

Edit: probably should attach picture =P lol

camera.GIF

Edited by Fishpaste~