SAU Community

Circuit Club Wakefield 11/06/2007

Apollo S15

wha!!! but you're organising it from an SAU perspective! :P

Are you coming Moanie? or you just moaning? :)

Yes I am organising it from an SAU perspective and unfortunately the response has not been great. So far it seems that besides me there are only 3 SAU members going. I have already organised one garage for SAU and I will make sure this is available whether I make it or not.

I will be going as long as I can get my car on the road. The rear suspension is being stripped today, I hope. So should know how serious the problem is soon.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mona - even if your car isn't ready, you should come down anyway. Watch, at least.

With no official timing, perhaps more people will be willing to take passengers as they won't be chasing bragging rights. And its always good experience to sit in the car of a quick driver and see how they drive, and what lines they take.

For those people who are thinking of coming and haven't paid yet, you can forget about it, as this trackday is fully booked.

My brother-in-law tried to book a few weeks ago and was told it was full.

I'm definitely going to be there! And happy to fly the SAU flag if Apollo can't make it. Actually, Apollo if you can't make it, can you let me know, maybe my bro-in-law could take your spot.. PM me anyway if you can't make it so i'll speak to narada about the SAU garage.

Andrew

For those people who are thinking of coming and haven't paid yet, you can forget about it, as this trackday is fully booked.

My brother-in-law tried to book a few weeks ago and was told it was full.

I'm definitely going to be there! And happy to fly the SAU flag if Apollo can't make it. Actually, Apollo if you can't make it, can you let me know, maybe my bro-in-law could take your spot.. PM me anyway if you can't make it so i'll speak to narada about the SAU garage.

Andrew

No worries Andrew. I should know by today or tomorrow if my car will be ready. If I can’t make it your brother in law can take my spot.

The list on the first post has been updated, it looks like there are five SAU people attending.

NSCC's got a supersprint on at Wakefield on the Sunday before. They might still have spots free for members.

Just wondering if I should get some practice in before Monday :D

Mona - even if your car isn't ready, you should come down anyway. Watch, at least.

With no official timing, perhaps more people will be willing to take passengers as they won't be chasing bragging rights. And its always good experience to sit in the car of a quick driver and see how they drive, and what lines they take.

pft to watching! thats one think i can never enjoy.. it makes me restless and annoyed! lol!! same with watching drags! rather participate than sit there watching others have a good time!!

well my mechanics going to be out there, so i'll see if i can get a spot! if i can, see you folks on monday! :)

I find it boring to stand on the sidelines and watch, but if I can get a ride then I'm OK with it. Especially if they're a half-decent driver.

Otherwise, get someone to let you drive their car.

N.B. Don't look at me.

hehehe.. you're more easily pleased than i am! :) I don't mind watching and scabing rides here and there.. but by the end of the day, i'll just be angry that i didn't have my car to enjoy!!!!

and nah.. not much for driving other peoples car.. i'd be a totally granny and that defeats the purpose :)

hehehe.. you're more easily pleased than i am! :)

You're not the first girl to tell me that. :)

But, fair enough. If its not going to be a fun day for you....its a long way to go to not enjoy yourself.

shes just had the engine rebuilt :) Its just a comfort factor having my mechanic around to be able to do a sanity check on the car to make sure all is ok :)

I assume from your signature that Josh at Pro Concepts is your mechanic. If so this is the perfect event as he will most likely be there with the civics.

you assumed correctly :) and yeap.. he will be there with the civics, which is why i'm so keen on attending the day!!! issues with the car has caused me to delay till now though! so i'm hoping for a spot!!! :) if there are none, i may have to work something out with Narada, that allows my mechanic or the civic drivers a couple of laps in my car to see if there are any potential issues :)

A few updates. Spoke to my mechanic this morning and it looks like I will be able to attend. I will know for sure by lunch time.

Scathing has generously agreed to share his timing equipment with us (if time allows) so we can each get a few timed laps. That being the case we can have a bit of an SAU fastest lap showdown.

For those who want to cruise down to Wakefield together, I can meet at Casula Bunnings car park at the cross roads from 6:30am leaving at 6:45am. This is located where the Hume Hwy splits into Camden Valley Way and Campbelltown Road. The big white building in the centre of this map: Map

I think this is a good spot as it is near the M7 and M5 and it is easy to get on the Freeway and head to Goulburn from this point.

Let me know who wants to meet up from here and PM me if you want my mobile to co ordinate things.

I'll volunteer to come last! :woot::D

also, won't be leaving that early! will probabyl start heading down at about 8 as i'm not planning on being there the whole day!

NOW!!! its been over a year since i was last there... so any maps on how to get there once you're in the goulburn area? lol! I know there are two exits and both gets there, just can't remember the way for either routes! lol!

Update 2:

I’m in. My car is ready to go.

I have been in contact with the organizers and they will give us up to 5 garages if I supply the names of people coming.

So, anyone who is coming, please PM me your full name so I can reserve you a garage.

Sign in at the track is at 8:30am so an early start is required.