SAU Community

Circuit Club Wakefield 11/06/2007

Apollo S15

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time you guys get there I'll be nice and toasty in bed. I might just drag myself down to the track in my blanky lol..

It's going to be a long day.

F1 kicking off at 2:45am, finishing about 5am, then get some Zzz's for an hour and then emulate the F1 boys down at WP. Oh and then fight the long weekend/snow bunnies drivers on the way back home.

By the time you guys get there I'll be nice and toasty in bed. I might just drag myself down to the track in my blanky lol..

hmm.. interesting! may have to do that too! 9its going to be 11degrees.. freakin cold!

It's going to be a long day.

F1 kicking off at 2:45am, finishing about 5am, then get some Zzz's for an hour and then emulate the F1 boys down at WP. Oh and then fight the long weekend/snow bunnies drivers on the way back home.

lol! ouch! and dammjit! forgot about trafficses on the wya back!! we're definitely leaving early then!

hmm.. interesting! may have to do that too! 9its going to be 11degrees.. freakin cold!

I'll be down there all weekend! I'm packing my heated blanket and bought new flanny's to keep warm.

Lol.. that word flanny is so funny

I feel so bogan saying it.

All is set and 5 garages have been set aside for SAU. If the weather continues like this we will realy need them.

I will meet some of you at the meet point and the rest at Wakefield. Just look for the very standard looking black 200sx (with Skyline wheels).

If your coming to the meet point, be on time as I will be leaving from there at 6:45am sharp.

I will only be contactable via the forum until this afternoon (Friday).

well1!! what an interesting day!!!! Nice to meet you and your friend TJ!!! :) And sorry i didn't wander around and try and meet the rest of you guys.. was majorly distracted!!!!!!!

Hope you all had a good day! post up some times if anyone did any hand timing :)

Great day at the track until 60k out of Sydney when one of my front tyres self destructed. Pulled over with no problems and change into my donut 80kph max spare. The traffic backup was actually a somewhat pleasant site as it meant that everone wasn't passing me 50kph faster. Long drive home. For those of you who I have suggested trying Federal SS595s - don't. 3000K, 1 DECA and 1 track day and they fall apart. Maybe OK for the street but if you want a high performance tyre - these are not them.

Great to meet Moanie. My friend is actually my son Chris. Apologies for not getting your partner's name. Serious thanks to Raul for setting us up with garages and taking me out and showing me the lines and well as taking Chris out for a few sessions.

For those of you who haven't been to a circuit club track day - they put on excellent events and I would strongly recommend them.

Great day at the track until 60k out of Sydney when one of my front tyres self destructed. Pulled over with no problems and change into my donut 80kph max spare. The traffic backup was actually a somewhat pleasant site as it meant that everone wasn't passing me 50kph faster. Long drive home. For those of you who I have suggested trying Federal SS595s - don't. 3000K, 1 DECA and 1 track day and they fall apart. Maybe OK for the street but if you want a high performance tyre - these are not them.

Great to meet Moanie. My friend is actually my son Chris. Apologies for not getting your partner's name. Serious thanks to Raul for setting us up with garages and taking me out and showing me the lines and well as taking Chris out for a few sessions.

For those of you who haven't been to a circuit club track day - they put on excellent events and I would strongly recommend them.

So that traffic was your fault :worship: lol

Yeah was a good day. Pity there was no timing but having passengers all day made it fun for them. I was doing in the 1.11's apparently which I am mildly happy with.

I didn't get to meet you guys (black S13, the turbo one!) but always next time :)

Had a great time and plenty of track time as always with the Circuit Club days.

Nerada from Circuit Club was true to his word and SAU had the first five garages in pit lane (although we only ended up using 4).

Monie, I didn’t realise it was your car Josh was working on, or I would have come and said hello. How come you weren’t driving it?

Tim, you seemed to be getting quicker each session, well done. Both you and Chris are welcome to ride in my car anytime. I guess you aren’t recommending those tyres anymore?

Andrew, good to meet you. It was fun trying to keep up with your car.

Alan, thanks for letting me borrow your transponder. Next time I will have figured out how to use it properly.

I somehow ended up in group A and had a ball trying to keep up with some seriously fast cars. I even had one of the race drivers give me some tips.

The run home was great until Campbelltown, then all of a sudden it stopped?

All in all a good day and looking forward to the SAU track day next month.

For those of you who I have suggested trying Federal SS595s - don't. 3000K, 1 DECA and 1 track day and they fall apart. Maybe OK for the street but if you want a high performance tyre - these are not them.

I would have to dissagree with this.

I've had Feds on my car since the begining of the year.

2 track days 2 skid pans some old pac and nasho and at least 5000 K's on them and they still look brand new.

I think the problem here was that they are way too soft for the track, skidpans they are fine but trackwork they heat up and parts fall off... lol.

-----

Sorry I didn't stay guys, 2 days in a row really took it out of me. Some problems on sunday and we just gave up we were too tired to stay down there any longer.

I hope you guys had a lot of fun.

I enjoyed the day. Had the whole fam come down for a look. First few sessions i went out by myself and the rest of the day I took out passengers.

I had new suspension put in the week before and I'm still nutting it out. I was a few seconds off my PB. ;)

The car ran without any problems and made it down and back. The night before I tore a hole in my rear muffler at a shell servo. Killer driveway. The drown in the car on the way down and back up almost made me deaf.

The bad news is i've got alot of work ahead of me to tune the suspension to the way i'd like it.

Monie, I didn’t realise it was your car Josh was working on, or I would have come and said hello. How come you weren’t driving it?

i was driving? i drove the first 3 laps... then louis took my car out for three.. then caine for about 3 again... and then my car got retired.. not really much oppourtunity to drive any more than that unfortunately!

yeah unfortunately monas car didn't get to be driven much after she broke it on its first outing ;)

Nah just bad luck and as she said, didn't really get enough time out there to get too much of a go. She was driving the first few times though.