SAU Community

Circuit Club Wakefield 11/06/2007

Apollo S15

i was driving? i drove the first 3 laps... then louis took my car out for three.. then caine for about 3 again... and then my car got retired.. not really much oppourtunity to drive any more than that unfortunately!

Thats not good to hear Mona, There should be plenty of more open days coming up.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf?? /\

She was letting you know hey....anyhoo...

Tim - I was going to get the Fed 595's....looks like I may have to reconsider! or perhaps you should get some semi's?

Padey - how did the car feel though with the new suspension set up?

How often to the C/C guys have track days?

It was quite fun!

I need to revise my goals for the car though since it goes as fast as I'd hoped but isn't finished yet ;)

Will see you guys at the SAU track day!

Andrew - loud Silvia

There was to much roll, and the turn in wasn't that sharp. Considering the rear bar is full hard and the front is medium, i'm looking at increasing the spring rates and at least another degree of -camber up front.

So i'll move the front springs to the back and stick some 400/375s up front. I think maybe the 275's could be a little light at the rear, but it'll cost me nothing to try them out.

ap

...........so much for timing. :D

I had a good day. Hand timed by a passenger in one session at 1:12, which is about what I was aiming for without carrying ballast.....I mean mates.

Glad to be back in Sydney though. I think my bollocks have only just thawed.

...........so much for timing. :D

I had a good day. Hand timed by a passenger in one session at 1:12, which is about what I was aiming for without carrying ballast.....I mean mates.

Glad to be back in Sydney though. I think my bollocks have only just thawed.

Which car were you in?

Was a good day with plenty of track time. By the sixth session I had had enough and left early. Just thankful the car was in 1 piece. I only had 2 laps by myself and the rest with a passenger, so 11's were not bad. Just need more traction :D

wtf?? /\

She was letting you know hey....anyhoo...

Tim - I was going to get the Fed 595's....looks like I may have to reconsider! or perhaps you should get some semi's?

How often to the C/C guys have track days?

They would probably be ok for you as you do run semi's at the track. C thinks they are a good tire but just not trackable. I'm thinking about getting semis myself. After last night the idea of have another set of tires around is an attractive idea. Still need new street tires though. I don't trust the remaining 3 after that. I would point before the next drift day I now have 5 drift tires in the garage - bit ironic given I don't drift.

I would have to dissagree with this.

I've had Feds on my car since the begining of the year.

2 track days 2 skid pans some old pac and nasho and at least 5000 K's on them and they still look brand new.

I think the problem here was that they are way too soft for the track, skidpans they are fine but trackwork they heat up and parts fall off... lol.

you disagreed, then you agreed!

you have to remember, TJ is probably putting alot more heat into his tyres than you are.

I'm not being rude or anything.. but he thumps that GTR

I'm thinking about getting semis myself. After last night the idea of have another set of tires around is an attractive idea.

Its definitely worth it.

Streetable tyres can't handle the stress of the track (even the semi-slick patterned tyres like Federal 595s or Falken Azenis RT range won't hold up, they'll just last a bit longer than your average street tyre) and R Comps are sphincter-tightening in inclement weather.

My D02Gs only went greasy at the end of the day, and only in the last 2 laps, when the temperatures picked up and I started pushing harder and harder as I battled with cars at about my pace and pushed myself closer to my limits.

you disagreed, then you agreed!

you have to remember, TJ is probably putting alot more heat into his tyres than you are.

I'm not being rude or anything.. but he thumps that GTR

Im not doubting he isn't he is prob making twice the power that I am with my car not to mention 2 more wheels driving then mine.

They are a good street tyre thats all I'm saying.. doesn't matter what you are driving on the street because most people all go at the same speeds.

There was to much roll, and the turn in wasn't that sharp. Considering the rear bar is full hard and the front is medium, i'm looking at increasing the spring rates and at least another degree of -camber up front.

So i'll move the front springs to the back and stick some 400/375s up front. I think maybe the 275's could be a little light at the rear, but it'll cost me nothing to try them out.

ap

just remember if you put front springs in the back your car will now be about 50mm lower in the rear. you may be able to correct with height adjustment, but maybe not. 50mm is a pretty big difference in spring length.

just remember if you put front springs in the back your car will now be about 50mm lower in the rear. you may be able to correct with height adjustment, but maybe not. 50mm is a pretty big difference in spring length.

Hi BB,

I'm using Eibach springs front and rear and they are the same length and inside diameter. So it shouldn't be a problem keeping the correct ride height with the swap.

ap

Im not doubting he isn't he is prob making twice the power that I am with my car not to mention 2 more wheels driving then mine.

They are a good street tyre thats all I'm saying.. doesn't matter what you are driving on the street because most people all go at the same speeds.

riiight.