SAU Community

How Much Kw's Will My R32 Make

hi guys

i just want sum kind of idea wat power will i be making on my R32 gts-t. ill be goin for a tune and remap next week

my mod's are

K&N pod fillter

3" exhaust turbo back

Plazmaman Plenum

cooler 600x300x73

R33 GCG high-flow turbo

Z32 AFM

Bosch 040 fuel pump

660cc injectors

with these mods would i be able to hit 200rwkw+?

cheers

bill

Edited by JETR-32

hi guys

i just want sum kind of idea wat power will i be making on my R32 gts-t. ill be goin for a tune and remap next week

my mod's are

K&N pod fillter

3" exhaust turbo back

Plazmaman Plenum

cooler 600x300x73

R33 GCG high-flow turbo

Z32 AFM

Bosch 040 fuel pump

660cc injectors

with these mods would i be able to hit 200rwkw+?

cheers

bill

Bill, 200rwkw should be a piece of cake.

o plazmaman :) how was fitment? easy to install? did all the factory stuff go onto the plenum?

all the factory stuff went on with no problems. but the fitment was a head fu<k. had to buy alot of fittings and extra hoses etc.. and the plenum blots are not a direct fit u have to buy alot of washers hehe :banana: and get a thottle body cable made up. ill take a pic so u can see how it looks like. other that its running sweet no turbo lag and no cooler presure drop. it will improve mid and top end power

I reckon a fair bit more than 200...after putting a standard 33 turbo on a mates 32, with similar mods to yours - no injectors or plenum - it made 192 on 14.

I reckon a fair bit more than 200...after putting a standard 33 turbo on a mates 32, with similar mods to yours - no injectors or plenum - it made 192 on 14.

Thats pretty much where i was a few years back. I made 175 on 12 so 200+ will be a cake walk.

im running a PROFEC B SPEC II boost controller on 10psi. but GCG tell me the turbo will handle up to 25+psi so if tuned rite i should be able to pump 2bar of boost in to it. i got my car dyno'd b4 i did da mods it was bone stock and pulled 117rwkw's

will post up dyno papers next week

cheers

bill

get a proper ecu not a remap to take advantage of the power.

you will probably get one in the long run so do it once, do it right.

with an ecu im thinking about the 210-220 on about 17psi.

i dont think it would be wise to be running 25psi through it.

if its a highflow looking at 220rwkw + i reckon

Ive got similar mods except a sliding performance highflow and im pulling 230rwkw

+1

my guess is 210-220. depends completely on the dyno and conditions etc tho.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys I got my car tuned and not that happy.

Ok first of things the car was making good power on stock boost (turned off boost controller) 212rwkw's which the boost Crept up to 14psi.

As soon as Dr Drift started to pump boost into her she started to misfire at 16psi @215rwkw's and 569N.M of Torque, so we change the spark plugs to the v-power NGK and still didn’t fix the problem. Dr Drift said that as soon as I get Splitfire coil packs it should fix the misfiring. Which ill be going for another tune in a weeks time. Should hit 260rwkw's easy

ok now since I have been driving the car for a week i am having problems with my idle and the car keeps stalling and turning off. when the car is warm its not that bad it won’t turn off that much as it will in the cold mornings here in Melbourne. I noticed the hoses under the throttle body which just have coolant going threw them have been removed and plumed back somewhere else. could this be the problem for cold start???

and I have also noticed the car back fires heaps now, as soon as I back off it backfires. to rich???

and another problem when I punch it and do a race change it feels like it’s got a flat spot or surging???

all these problems where never there b4 the tune. could u guys help me out so I can let Sam know what to fix for the next tune...

cheers

bill

post-15174-1181919787_thumb.jpg

post-15174-1181919814_thumb.jpg

Edited by JETR-32

What plugs were you running before the tune and what heat range were they? I got my car tuned by Sam too and he changed my plugs to V grooved plugs with heat range 7...the car did not like it and idled like sh!t...i've since gone back to standard heat range 6 coppers gapped at .8mm and idle improved heaps...still sputters slightly but alot better...speak to sam...he'll know how to sort it out for you...

yea i had NGK iridium’s heat range 6 and gapped to 0.8mm idle was mint sitting on 800rpm b4 the tune. so after i get the Splitfire coil packs so i go back to NGK iridium’s plugs?