SAU Community

Fmic Install On Series 2

I have just fitted a FMIC kit to my series 2. The kit is the standard cross over type that every one sells for R33 and R34.

I had to remove the windscreen washer bottle to fit the return line thru the chassis on the right hand side of the engine bay.

I assume others have had this problem and wanted to know where and how you re-mounted the bottle

I have just fitted a FMIC kit to my series 2. The kit is the standard cross over type that every one sells for R33 and R34.

I had to remove the windscreen washer bottle to fit the return line thru the chassis on the right hand side of the engine bay.

I assume others have had this problem and wanted to know where and how you re-mounted the bottle

i turned my bottle sideways darrin and had to cut it a little to make it all work i did cut a little deep into the bracket and ended up with a square hole lol but i siliconed it up and has been sweet pm your email addy and ill send pics

Darrin; good to see the Stag moving along now in mod-country :P

Go to your local Super-Cheap and pick up a universal washer bottle kit... a little bit of DIYing and you have yourself a new washer bottle setup. This is a mandatory modification on the R34s due to the size of the stock item (we haven't come across any that haven't had it done)

The "aftermarket" one I got is about 1.5L and sits snugly next to a full size battery (not the pissy little ones) so that should give you an idea ;)

Thanks

S

Darrin; good to see the Stag moving along now in mod-country :P

Go to your local Super-Cheap and pick up a universal washer bottle kit... a little bit of DIYing and you have yourself a new washer bottle setup. This is a mandatory modification on the R34s due to the size of the stock item (we haven't come across any that haven't had it done)

The "aftermarket" one I got is about 1.5L and sits snugly next to a full size battery (not the pissy little ones) so that should give you an idea ;)

Thanks

S

Thanks Stan

The Stagea bottle is not in the engine bay like a r34. It sits under the battery, just in front of the wheel, but the aftermarket botttle may still work if I can fit the factory bottle back in. I would prefer to keep the factory bottle with 2 waher motors, one for the front and one for the rear of the car

Ps The mods have really started. . . . more updates later

Darrin; the R34 bottle is in the same location as the Stagea ;) I did think about retro-fitting another motor onto the aftermarket bottle but found it unecessary. I don't have a rear wiper (removed) so figured it'd be pointless anyway :P

got any photos of the setup? also if you dont mind me asking how much did the kit set you back?

got any photos of the setup? also if you dont mind me asking how much did the kit set you back?

Looks like any other skyline install

The kit I used was Justjap's type 2 kit with larger end tanks than the cheaper type 1 kit

I bought it about 12 months ago for $499

I have fmic, and have my washer bottle it it's stock position, just the piping was made to bypass that area. Lucky it was custom made, and lucky I didnt have to pay for it, came with the beast when I bought it :woot: