SAU Community

Just Done My Major Service

R33GOD

i just got my timing belt done. daeco timing belt kit.new idler and tensioner. i didnt use the daeco belt though. used the gates performance one. do i have to run the new belt in at all?

Edited by R33GOD

how much did it cost you, if you dont mind me asking...

gates racing belt $110

coolant $30

fan, alternator, waterpump belt $50

idler, tensioner, cam seals, front crank seal $260

labour $100. was a friend who done it for me so i got that part cheap

so yea i got away with it for $550

Yea how much? Also i spotted u melton freeway and calder park drive last night... You had a statesman behind you at lights.

yea was bored went for a drive. what stato wer u in? i ran a vn bt1 shortly after :P lol

Edited by R33GOD

I wasnt in stato, i was in skyline(white 33) You went up inside at lights before that intersection ^ and i was in far lane... then i turned up calder park drive, statesman was behind you driving like a hero through traffic.

same place i spotted you last time

I wasnt in stato, i was in skyline(white 33) You went up inside at lights before that intersection ^ and i was in far lane... then i turned up calder park drive, statesman was behind you driving like a hero through traffic.

same place i spotted you last time

was it a new clubby? i only remember that going up my ass bein a hero

• 1 month later...
gates racing belt $110

coolant $30

fan, alternator, waterpump belt $50

idler, tensioner, cam seals, front crank seal $260

labour $100. was a friend who done it for me so i got that part cheap

so yea i got away with it for $550

hey man, what part numbers did you use for these? they're 3 different belts right? did you do the power steering belt too?

only reason i ask is i'm probably gonna get lube mobile to do my 100km service and just supply all the parts (a workshop quoted me $600 for the labour). I just want to have everything there ready to fit.

Will probably also take out the radiator etc for the guy to save money (he can put it back for me though :() just don't want to have to guess with things like the timing and tension and don't have a harmonic balancer puller.

Aww this reminds me its time to do my 100,000km service also. Just emailed Unigroup for a price fingers crossed its not too crazy. How long did it take to get the whole service done?? Did you get the car back the same day??

Edited by LatinR33

Aww this reminds me its time to do my 100,000km service also. Just emailed Unigroup for a price fingers crossed its not too crazy. How long did it take to get the whole service done?? Did you get the car back the same day??

it's usually less than a days work. actually no more than 4 hours for a mechanic (tops) otherwise you'd have to question their skill level. but that's just for a fluids, belts, water pump, idler bearings etc change. if you add in extra stuff it'll take longer obviously.

Just got a response from Lube mobile they said this. Its a little bit excessive I think.

"In response to your e-mail, the labour to perform the 100 000km Log Book Service (Including fitting your Water Pump, Timing Belt and Tensioner). is only $588.20"

that's pretty good!

all lube mobile did was tell me is:

LM "To get a mechanic onsite to do this for you you would be looking at our minimum charge of $132.80 for the first 45 minutes and $99.80 per hour thereafter."

ME "Any indication of how long this type of job would take?"

LM "The mechanic will be able to give a better indication onsite."

which i thought was pretty lame, but they called me after i said "why not just put those prices on the website then!?" and she said I wouldn't have to pay for anything if he came out and gave a quote that I wasn't prepared to accept.

I wouldn't have to pay for anything if he came out and gave a quote that I wasn't prepared to accept.

Thats the good thing :thumbsup:

You know about the work I had done, which he completed at 7:30 last night. The "worst case" quote he gave was $2500, I ended up paying $2400.

This was the major (all fluids, flush, belts [timing etc etc], tuneup, clutch and brake master, new plat plugs and gapping, a few hoses, and so much more I couldnt list but just think "

the major of major services lol), steering pump, 2 x Nolathane castor bushes, fuel lines (f'ing thinks were ripped up and leaking everywhere haha - why i drove it like this, I dont know haha), wipers, 02 sensor, water pump.

Plus they gave me 2 x $30 vouchers for my next service haha.